automatic watering

• 2 Replies

brownp

• Experienced Member
automatic watering
« on: May 28, 2015, 08:10 »
Hi - I'm looking for some advice on automatic watering.
I have (at home) a large veg plot with about 6 raised beds and various items e.g., raspberries/rhubarb etc.
Much closer to the house and about 3 metres away from the outside tap I have a wooden greenhouse with lots of tomato plants etc.
I am going away for the best part of a month and am once again trying to answer the question of watering. In the past I have asked a neighbour's child to water for me and paid them :). That worked to an extent but isn't available this year.
I was thinking this year of using an automatic waterer - I have used it before to power a sprinkler e.g., an hour a day from the hosepipe down the garden to the sprinkler.
The issue is that I need two separate areas watering - the veg plot and the greenhouse. I was thinking of buying the Hozelock Aqua pods for the greenhouse (I believe they have pressure reducers). Would I be able to run two feeds from one hozepipe? Would it work?
I think i can find someone who can drop in every couple of days to make sure that it is all ok....
Any thoughts?

thanks
Phil

snowdrops

Re: automatic watering
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2015, 08:36 »
You can buy various splitters for one tap. I bought a cast metal one that allows 4 hosepipes from one tap
A woman's place is in her garden.

See my diary pages here
and add a comment here

brownp

• Experienced Member
Re: automatic watering
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2015, 16:23 »
Thanks, I've just looked them up on Ebay :)
It's whether or not it would be ok to have in effect two hosepipes on simultaneously....suppose best way to find out is to try it and see what happens....

thanks
Phil

Page created in 0.135 seconds with 38 queries.