best value organic layers pellets

• 6 Replies

rowe1311

best value organic layers pellets
« on: June 06, 2013, 22:52 »
I have been buying organic layer pellets from Omlet recently and wondered if this is the cheapest place to get them.  They are £13.50 for a 20kg bag, with about £5 delivery I think.  The delivery goes up the more bags you buy.   

I have started doing online as I can't seem to access organic chicken feed in Glasgow very easily.    We used to buy non organic for about £10-12 locally but I was concerned that it wasn't GM free. 

If anyone knows the best deals for organic or GM free layers pellets online please let me know.  Or if you live in Glasgow where I might be able to source some locally. 

Thank you

Angela

ANHBUC

• "You looking at me?!!!"
Re: best value organic layers pellets
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2013, 23:03 »
That sounds a reasonable price as all feed has increased in price over the last few years.  Best not to get too much in at once though as the nutrients deteriorate when stored so always best to check the Use By date.

I would ask your local supplier if they can get it in for you which may save you on postage even if the bag price is a bit more.
Ain't Nobody Here But Us Chickens!
Bagpuss RIP 1992 - June 2012, 1 huge grass carp (RIP "Jaws" July 2001 - December 2011), 4 golden orfe, 1 goldfish and 1 fantail fish (also huge)! plus 4 Italian quail, 1 Japanese quail, 1 Rosetta quail.

splash101

« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2013, 07:31 »
If you search locally for animal or horse feed supplier, chances are they will stock chicken pellets too.

Like ANHBUC said, if you find a local supplier that doesnt stock them, ask them and they will probably order some in for you.

Sassy

« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2013, 08:37 »
Some of the lartger independent pet food stores may help as well :)
Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted!!

JaK

• Happy half plot.
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2013, 14:40 »
 i think the Omlet feed is over priced, I have seen organic feed a lot cheaper than that, with Omlet, you are paying for the brand only.
This place is a lot cheaper inc delivery if you need to order online. http://www.farmandpetplace.co.uk/products/poultry/poultry-feed/poultry-feeds/marriage-organic-layers-pellets-20kg.html

I don't buy organic but I am VERY fussy about making sure all feed is GM free, farmgate feeds are GM free, you might be able to find a stockist near you. 
« Last Edit: June 07, 2013, 14:43 by JaK »

Bren200

« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2013, 22:21 »
Hi, try flyte so fancy.

rowe1311

« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2013, 22:58 »
Thank you so much for all the info. Farm and Pet place was the cheapest.  Thank you JaK.  I have managed to get Marriage organic layers pellets for £11.99 and £2.99 delivery.  As I am buying 4 bags it actually works out as only £8.97 delivery for all of them. 

I have tried my local suppliers and asked about organic but they have said in the past they wouldn't have the demand for organic layers pellets to order it in.  This was quite a few years ago, and as chicken keeping is on the increase they might change their mind.  It was a nice store that we liked using but as we don't have a car it actually is so much easier to get it delivered. 

xx
Organic layers pellets - how much£?

Started by cluckingmad on The Hen House

5 Replies
Last post June 27, 2007, 16:24
by si-mate
xx
Age for layers pellets

Started by carolbriar on The Hen House

7 Replies
Last post December 07, 2009, 08:34
by Sassy
xx
Layers Pellets

Started by mad mark on The Hen House

3 Replies
Last post July 07, 2009, 00:20
by Caralou
xx
Layers Pellets

Started by puddin1107 on The Hen House

7 Replies
Last post January 03, 2010, 19:56
by SUTTY1

Page created in 0.204 seconds with 29 queries.