Site rubbish problem

• 27 Replies

Beetroot queen

Site rubbish problem
« on: July 03, 2013, 22:02 »
Now we get three skips a year supplied by the council they get filled within the day but thats another post in itself. Outside of skip times we are asked to remove rubbish as we create it, fair enough we all ( or most do without issue)

The site has three areas labelled by the council as "wildlife areas" basically they are overgrown and left too it. This is where the problem starts. In our terms and conditions it cleary states that rubbish even weeds etc must not be dumped on these areas.

We have one old boy who does and doesnt give a damn, hes in with the council person and takes no notice of what people say. Problem being he now has a new plot neighbour who he has told to follow suit and do the same. The bank they have created is nearly three foot high and looks a mess. I did speak to the newbie tonight to explain its not really allowed and all weeds etc need to be removed to which he replied in very good english "i dont speak much english so i'll be ok to carry on then"  ::)

I did try and explain and he got it until i obviously said something he didnt want to hear, so what do i do now. Ignore it and end up with a mountain next to my plot, report it to the council, or just keep trying. 

Aunt Sally

• Administrator
  • Everyone's Aunty
Re: Site rubbish problem
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2013, 22:40 »
Report it to the council, BQ.

Make it the council's problem - not yours.

yaxley

« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2013, 22:46 »
Report both of them to the council why should they not stick to the rules when eveyone else has to ...
Grow organic as nature intended

DD.

• Global Moderator
  • Location: Loughborough. a/k/a Digger Dave. Prettiest Pumpkin prizewinner 2011
  • Pea God & Founder Member of The NFGG
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2013, 23:41 »
I think you knew the answer before you asked the question.  :lol:

Did it really tell you to do THAT on the packet?

Beetroot queen

« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2013, 06:48 »
I think you knew the answer before you asked the question.  :lol:

Its always me, every one else just turns a blind eye which is fine but its next to my plot.  ::)
I was also a bit stunned when the same man peed on the grass right in front of my 12 year old, no attempt to make it hidden or in a bucket or on the heap. Oh no just as plain as day. I felt really uncomfortable for her as i dont think it appropriate in front of a girl her age, she got a full view  :blink:

9am i'll pop in on the way out.  :mellow:

allot2learn

« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2013, 08:52 »
Report him for exposing himself. There's no excuse for that. Even in an emergency, he should've gone round the back of his shed out of view.

azubah

• www.Godsaves.co.uk
« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2013, 08:54 »
That's just not on. He needs reporting.

DD.

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: July 04, 2013, 09:04 »
I'm afraid he's not committed an offence that the police can deal with, if that's what you're thinking.

The offence of indecent exposure involves more than he's done and urinating in a public place is just that. Allotments are not public.

TheWhiteRabbit

• Experienced Member
« Reply #8 on: July 04, 2013, 09:12 »
Do you not have a committee or something that he could be reported to? I think the best course of action would have been to say something at the time...I know you were probably stunned but shouting something like "Do you really think that's an appropriate thing to do in front of a 12 year old girl?" would probably make him think that it could be considered an offence...or at the very least, a stupid thing to do which could land him in hot water.

It's a shame but there's always one that spoils it for the few  >:(

Hartstone

« Reply #9 on: July 04, 2013, 09:28 »
Why don't they just burn their weeds etc !!!!

DD.

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10 on: July 04, 2013, 09:35 »
Maybe they're not permitted to. We aren't on our site.

Fairy Plotmother

« Reply #11 on: July 04, 2013, 09:39 »
 :mad: Sad to say, it doesn't matter which section of society we talk about or are involved in, there is always a minority who think they can do as they please. I take every opportunity I can to remind them of their civic responsibilities.

Hartstone

« Reply #12 on: July 04, 2013, 09:40 »
Maybe they're not permitted to. We aren't on our site.

Good point  ;)

Italian Bob.

« Reply #13 on: July 04, 2013, 09:52 »
BeeQ

Firstly this man would have got a smack if this was in front of my kid , not a pubilc place no worries

But esspecial in front of a 12 year old girl arrrhhh..better to stop typing on this one .

Secondly we have a very smilar problem wit rubbish

We have a plot that floods pretty bad so in an attemp to rasie the ground a little we decided to mark this out for green wastes dumping only , but within a few weeks a couple of plot holders decided to dump all there rubbish on the plot  plastic glass metal you name it ...

We informed the site manager and she wrote a letter asking them to remove it  problem is people had already started dumping green waste over the top , a right mess .....

So I totaly understand but the end result is these people are now not made to feel welcome anymore and will problay leave on there one accord

Good luck

Rob

BobE

« Reply #14 on: July 04, 2013, 13:40 »
BeeQ that is disgusting.  I think I would complain to the secretary, especially about the exposure.  Sombody should speak to him.

xx
Rubbish compost or composted rubbish.

Started by squelly on Grow Your Own

3 Replies
Last post May 08, 2011, 20:19
by Growster...
xx
Rubbish Advice

Started by DD. on Grow Your Own

37 Replies
Last post July 15, 2010, 21:38
by DD.
xx
a rubbish gardener

Started by Jimmy Splash on Grow Your Own

9 Replies
Last post June 07, 2010, 19:45
by Beetroot queen
xx
Rubbish Soil

Started by simonyglog on Grow Your Own

17 Replies
Last post April 18, 2010, 09:39
by Kristen

Page created in 0.323 seconds with 34 queries.