any plant's called fred?

• 4 Replies

lucywil

• http://ourallotments.blogspot.com/
any plant's called fred?
« on: May 31, 2007, 06:24 »
my grandad is currently ill in hospital and is not expected to recover so we are just waiting for the phone call, while it is upsetting he is 94 and we just don't want him to suffer. i would like to plant something in all the family gardens to remember him buy, his name is fred and i have been trying to find something that might have that in the name, but no luck, anybody know of anything?

milkman

any plant's called fred?
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2007, 09:20 »
hallo lucywil sorry to hear about your grandad - hopefully he is comfortable and painfree.  can't think of any plants containing the name Fred - maybe he has a particular favourite plant that you could grow instead to remember him by?
Gardening organically on chalky, stony soil.

richyrich7

• Paper Potter
    • My home business Egg box labels and more
any plant's called fred?
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2007, 11:31 »
Hi lucywil sorry to hear about your grandad, I think your idea is lovely.. I did a quick google on roses there's one called "Fred Howard" if that's of any help, but I'm not sure where you'd get one from.
He who asks is a fool for five minutes, but he who does not ask remains a fool forever.

lucywil

• http://ourallotments.blogspot.com/
any plant's called fred?
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2007, 11:40 »
thank you both, i did find a red hotpoker called firey fred but i will look into the rose as i think that would be nicer. thanks again

WG.

any plant's called fred?
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2007, 14:35 »
Sorry to hear about Grandad.  If you have a greenhouse, you might want to try passion flower?

"Passiflora edulis 'Frederick' is the premier fruit producing passiflora for warmer areas of Southern California and will grow inland with protection. The flowers are fragrant and large. The fruit is as large as a goose egg with a purple skin and delicious pulp when ripe. The fruit should never be picked, it must fall naturally. If it is allowed to wrinkle a bit after collecting, it becomes sweet ambrosia. The plant is very productive in warm areas. This outstanding Patrick Worley hybrid is vigorous and blooms from late spring until fall. This plant is excellent for a sunny location and makes a good, rapidly growing screen for an unsightly fence or outbuilding. "

xx
Can anyone tell me what this flower is called

Started by hubballi on General Gardening

14 Replies
Last post November 23, 2009, 22:43
by birmancats
xx
What Is This Flower Called?

Started by Gandan57 on General Gardening

5 Replies
Last post June 10, 2011, 21:46
by Chrysalis
xx
Rose called Best Friends

Started by Eblana on General Gardening

5 Replies
Last post March 12, 2013, 14:27
by Sue33
xx
A rose called Susie

Started by Kathie on General Gardening

7 Replies
Last post August 11, 2010, 17:15
by Kathie

Page created in 0.162 seconds with 36 queries.