Help needed with a Mantis Tiller

• 5 Replies

newatthis

• Experienced Member
Help needed with a Mantis Tiller
« on: October 06, 2009, 07:32 »
Hello, me and my o/h was given a Mantis Tiller last night but a few bits was missing so, was woundering if any 1 knows anything about them at all, we are looking at 1 on ebay for the spare bits, but what i was woundering is how are the blades kept on as the 1 we have here has 1 of and 1 on and cant see how the other is kept on??, will put a pic on as soon as it gets light thanks,

zoe
zoe pattinson :)

smud6ie

Re: Help needed with a Mantis Tiller
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2009, 09:32 »
Hello, me and my o/h was given a Mantis Tiller last night but a few bits was missing so, was woundering if any 1 knows anything about them at all, we are looking at 1 on ebay for the spare bits, but what i was woundering is how are the blades kept on as the 1 we have here has 1 of and 1 on and cant see how the other is kept on??, will put a pic on as soon as it gets light thanks,

zoe

Ive had several Mantis Tilles in my time and on each one the tines were held on with an "R" clip which goes through the tine and drive shaft.

smud6ie

newatthis

• Experienced Member
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2009, 09:43 »
hello, thankyou for that bit of info, now of to look on ebay to see if they sell them, also looking to get an air filter and cap for the petrol tank on it,
are these little machines any good?

smud6ie

« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2009, 11:21 »
hello, thankyou for that bit of info, now of to look on ebay to see if they sell them, also looking to get an air filter and cap for the petrol tank on it,
are these little machines any good?

For their size they are an excellent machine,If you check out the Mantis web site or look on youtube you can see videos of them working.
I have just put the micrometer on one of the "R" clips and the diameter is 2.33mm ,a suitable substitute for the originan may be found at an agricultural dealer if you have any in your area.
smud6ie

newatthis

• Experienced Member
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2009, 13:10 »
hello, i've just phoned there number on the web site and he asked what the number was on the engine and i read the number back to him and he said it was made in 1994,  :ohmy: almost as old as my oldest just 2yrs between them (son older than the machine), so will phone him back with list later in the week

newatthis

• Experienced Member
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2009, 19:41 »
hi, i was woundering if anyout there that had a mantis tiller, i have been told by the web site that it is a sv4 (if this means any thing ), im after the fuel cap and a complete air fliter and may be the r clips, if anyone has anyspare from braking 1 down, willing to pay for the postage if your to far or i can pick them up, i thought i would ask befor looking on that site for any spare or repairs....(mods im not asking to buy just offering to pay the cost of sending...)

xx
Mantis tiller / Stihl multi-tool tiller/cultivator

Started by Turkey Jane on Equipment Shed

10 Replies
Last post August 12, 2008, 12:10
by Percy
xx
merry tiller and mantis tiller - compare/contrast?

Started by mushroom on Equipment Shed

7 Replies
Last post July 17, 2007, 05:17
by Gwiz
xx
mantis tiller

Started by big green bloke on Equipment Shed

1 Replies
Last post April 25, 2011, 19:51
by Gwiz
xx
Mantis Tiller

Started by mikeimp on Equipment Shed

5 Replies
Last post April 15, 2013, 05:48
by Growster...

Page created in 0.139 seconds with 34 queries.