Blueberries

• 2 Replies

maralthemoral

Blueberries
« on: April 11, 2009, 17:21 »
Hi People,
I'm a new member here,I was wondering where I can find the blueberry plant to buy around middle east?! I live in Iran and I have this idea of growing blueberries here ,since noone else had done that before, it seems a pretty good idea, and we have different climates around the country.. I'm not sure about the soil since I'm not an expert. but the main problem now is that I don't know where to get the plants . does anybody know if there are any countries in the middle east that produces blueberries, or which country is the closest to here that produces blueberries?

I'll appreciate it alot if anyone can help

Maral

SG6

Re: Blueberries
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2009, 20:26 »
Blueberries are a north american plant, they need an acid soil and are decideous, I also think that they need a fairly wet/boggy environment.

I am guessing that the conditions where you are will not suit blueberries and that that is the reason why you are having difficulty locating any.

Trillium

Re: Blueberries
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2009, 01:40 »
They also prefer cooler weather as well so unless your climate can give these, blueberries might be a waste of your time and money. Perhaps you can find frozen blueberries to eat right away.

xx
blueberries

Started by Charl89 on Grow Your Own

9 Replies
Last post July 19, 2013, 22:29
by devonbarmygardener
xx
Blueberries

Started by Smudgeboy on Grow Your Own

3 Replies
Last post February 22, 2007, 19:20
by Ray
xx
Blueberries?

Started by jonewer on Grow Your Own

5 Replies
Last post August 09, 2010, 18:52
by sunshineband
xx
Blueberries

Started by rcf100 on Grow Your Own

22 Replies
Last post June 09, 2012, 22:58
by rcf100

Page created in 0.328 seconds with 35 queries.