Getting a Cat

• 8 Replies

mrs bouquet

Getting a Cat
« on: August 02, 2022, 12:04 »
I have been considering getting a cat for about the last 6 months, and have contacted breeders and cat rescues etc.   I really have decided that I do not want to spend around £1,000 on a pedigree, although I was considering a "Retired Queen"   I spotted a Silver Bengal at a rescue about 20 miles from me.  But he has got problems.  It seems he ran away from his last home and came back 10 days later.  He was handed into the rescue and the owners kept his brother.      It seems he is very timid and will not even mix with the cat-maids.
He is 8 years old.
In my wisdom, I have decided not to proceed with any of them.      Then last evening about 8pm I went to adjust the window blinds and spotted a cat down the end of my garden.   I said all the right things and he/she came running up the garden, in the patio door, and did the leg weaves.  I sat down and thecat jumped onto my lap, and settled down.   I was delighted.   At bed time I had to put the cat out.
I hope it comes to see me again.  Then I shall have a cat share.     Mrs Bouquet  PS.  I think it was a blue burmese.
Birds in cages do not sing  -  They are crying.

Yorkie

• Global Moderator
Re: Getting a Cat
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2022, 12:43 »
How lovely for you  :D

Just in case it's on a special diet, best not to feed it though  :)
I try to take one day at a time, but sometimes several days all attack me at once...

snowdrops

« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2022, 13:17 »
Best of both worlds for you then, all the fun & no cost. What a shame if this had go been 2 years ago you could have considered my late mother’s 2 cats! I’d have delivered them too  :lol:. A local rescue helped find a home for both of them( not together, as they weren’t bothered about each other). It’s called Roxie’s Rescue, they’re always asking for foster homes & adoption homes, usually for older cats.
A woman's place is in her garden.

See my diary pages here
and add a comment here

mrs bouquet

« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2022, 16:37 »
I would never feed anybody's cat.   They can have water, and love and a good stroke, but thats where it finishes.    It is not mine after all.     I haven't seen it before, and wonder if the owners have gone away leaving a neighbour to feed it.    Maybe thats why it wanted some luuuvvv.   
I would have considered one of your Mum's cats.      Mrs B

GraciesGran

« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2022, 19:00 »
Sounds ideal, all of the fun and no responsibility.

jaydig

« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2022, 19:06 »
When we lost the last of our three huskies I swore I'd never have another animal as their loss is too devastating.  Well.........about three years ago we had a little cat come to our garden.  Very timid, extremely thin and wouldn't come too close to us.  She was obviously hungry so we got food and left it out for her.  She then came every day to be fed.  Winter approached and I told my husband that no way was I taking her into the house, but for the duration of the winter she could sleep in the back lobby, where she could be warm and dry.  Bought her a bed - as you do, she got friendlier and now has the best chair in the house. As she was so tiny we thought she was quite young, but the vet says that she is "very old indeed".  Ah well, looks as if she's here to stay!  Her name is "Cat" which caused no end of amusement at the vet's.  Mrs B - cats have a way of finding where they want to be and who they want to be with, so - be warned!  You may well end up with a permanent lodger.

Goosegirl

« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2022, 13:53 »
As a devoted cat lover, when you need one it will come to you as I can well testify. A number of years ago I came home from my first chemo session and was walking around the garden in my dressing gown with my OH when I heard a little miaow. OH said I was imagining it but I was so sure that we looked around and, lo and behold, there was a little white kitten on the other side of the dyke across the road from us. Three days later, and with the assistance of his dad and a trap cage, he was brought into our home and immediately strolled out of it and settled down with our other two. Apart from tormenting our laid-back tom cat who actually put up with him so well, he became an absolute love and companion to me for the next nine months until I went back to work. One day after that he got run over but I'll never forget how providence gave me a dear friend who I will never forget.
I work very hard so don't expect me to think as well.

mrs bouquet

« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2022, 11:30 »
Isn't it strange, when you need something God provides it.  In GG case a little white kitten.

I have found out who owns the cat that visited me, which I haven't seen since !!   His name is Sidney and it seems he goes into lots of homes.   I called him yesterday, but no, he has found a person with a lovely bed apparently.  The lady isn't very pleased about finding him on her bed.  :D  Mrs B

snowdrops

« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2022, 14:49 »
Isn't it strange, when you need something God provides it.  In GG case a little white kitten.

I have found out who owns the cat that visited me, which I haven't seen since !!   His name is Sidney and it seems he goes into lots of homes.   I called him yesterday, but no, he has found a person with a lovely bed apparently.  The lady isn't very pleased about finding him on her bed.  :D  Mrs B

Ahh “Six dinner Sid” lovely story book for young children that I used to love reading to my children, own & “work”. They all loved it.

Page created in 0.153 seconds with 44 queries.