Failing eyesight...

• 3 Replies

Kleftiwallah

Failing eyesight...
« on: July 20, 2021, 08:42 »
Good morning everyone,  as some of you may remember I told you about my tale of woe (eyewise).  I have had astigmatism from a very early age, I have had an ocular melanoma (treated with Proton beam Therapy),  this treatment  has lifted a corner of my retina making my sight grayed out in that region and this has brought on M.G.D. (sadly not an MGA or MGTC)! :nowink:

Anyway, as Paul Gambachini says "Enough about me",  I tracked this Govie website to see If I need to inform DVLA and you wouldn't believe the list of reasons possibly taking away your driving license.
https://www.gov.uk/health-conditions-and-driving. :ohmy:

Cheers,  Tony. ;)
I may be growing OLD, but I refuse to grow UP !

Goosegirl

Re: Failing eyesight...
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2021, 12:44 »
I read about that the other day and am rather glad I don't drive anymore. Not so much due to my past eye problems which have been sorted as far as can be, I just didn't feel safe driving and, as someone said on the telly a while ago, you know when the time is right to stop.
I work very hard so don't expect me to think as well.

Kleftiwallah

« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2021, 22:06 »
Good evening Goosegirl, :)  I'm restoring a vintage vehicle and the rear light (singular) at the time of production was a tiny 6 volt lamp that would have embarassed a firefly!  I've modified the rear light to two clusters, standard rear lights, reversing lights and brake lights.  I've also incorporated indicators because I do not think the maladroits on the road today would understand any of the correct hand signals!

Keep smiling.  Cheers,  Tony. 8)

Goosegirl

« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2021, 12:22 »
I've become quite fascinated by a prog on Quest called Salvage Hunters where one of the sections deals with renovating various classic cars as to look like they've just come from the factory. What car are you renovating?
My first experience with car indicators was when I was a little girl and they looked like wings that shot out sideways near the windows.

As for some driver people, either they don't bother indicating or indicate after they've made their turn. Anyone with the best vision in the world could be forgiven if they had a prang.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2021, 12:23 by Goosegirl »

Page created in 0.129 seconds with 36 queries.