hello

• 6 Replies

Gasman4242

hello
« on: June 07, 2021, 15:15 »
cold wet windy north wales.......usually.  but there is nowhere i'd rather be. welsh speaker. as well as getting by in few others.

eat meat every other day.  sister is a vegitarian! she does visit a lot, maybe its all the stuff she gets to take home.

small garden is heavy clay soil thats been amended for some years, still not perfect. 2 8x6 greenhouses, 1 paved for growbags/pots other is a border that was dug down deep and well manured to 4ft when built 3 years ago. much nicer, though i know im digging the lot out again end of this year.

pastimes. growing veg, walking footpaths, riding motorbikes as fast as i can (on a track), travelling, skiing these tend to combine ,i hate sitting on a beach.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2021, 15:41 by Gasman4242 »

mumofstig

• Global Moderator
Re: hello
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2021, 17:07 »
Welcome to the forum, lots of interesting hobbies there - only wish I had the energy  :lol:

Welsh Merf

« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2021, 17:47 »
Welcome to the group. It's a very handy and very friendly group, full of advice and help.

Ps: I was born and bred in Trawsfynydd, and am also a fluent Welsh speaker. I left when I was 23 to join the RAF, returned when I was 30 to work at the power station there, and a couple of years later when that shut, I moved to Kent, and have been here for 28 years. No plans on moving anywhere else, and just retired as well.

Croeso mawr!
I may be Welsh, but I love ewe anyway!

See my diary pages here

and add a comment here

Gasman4242

« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2021, 18:37 »
Welcome to the forum, lots of interesting hobbies there - only wish I had the energy  :lol:

thank you funny thing is walking is the hardest. the others you learn to get the bike or the skis do the work. with time.

the young don't see it.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2021, 18:48 by Gasman4242 »

Gasman4242

« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2021, 18:45 »
Welcome to the group. It's a very handy and very friendly group, full of advice and help.

Ps: I was born and bred in Trawsfynydd, and am also a fluent Welsh speaker. I left when I was 23 to join the RAF, returned when I was 30 to work at the power station there, and a couple of years later when that shut, I moved to Kent, and have been here for 28 years. No plans on moving anywhere else, and just retired as well.

Croeso mawr!

without reverting to welsh i know the area well. glad to hear you just retired. i wish i could say the same.

diolch. so be ti mynd i neud? heblaw am yr ardd?
« Last Edit: June 07, 2021, 18:53 by Gasman4242 »

Welsh Merf

« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2021, 20:00 »

Croeso mawr!

without reverting to welsh i know the area well. glad to hear you just retired. i wish i could say the same.

diolch. so be ti mynd i neud? heblaw am yr ardd?
Thanks Gasman. Except for the allotment, I do like a bit of fly-fishing (salmon and trout), and I also like photography, walking, and the occasional Guinness or cider (using the word "occasionally" loosely of course).  :D

Yorkie

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2021, 21:25 »
Welcome to the forums  :D

My mother came from the Llandudno area in Gwynedd  :)
I try to take one day at a time, but sometimes several days all attack me at once...

Page created in 0.155 seconds with 37 queries.