New Plastic Greenhouse

• 2 Replies

Tommy54321

New Plastic Greenhouse
« on: February 17, 2021, 12:44 »
I just brought a small plastic greenhouse ( not those green plastic ones this is one with a clear plastic cover) can you tell me can I just put it outside with some new seedlings in it??? even if we have a frost do i still need to bring them in?

mumofstig

• Global Moderator
Re: New Plastic Greenhouse
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2021, 12:51 »
Plastic greenhouses give some protection, but really don't provide any warmth on a cloudy day, and tender seedlings can still be killed by the cold at night.  So think it's better to wait a few more weeks before you start to put seeds and seedlings out all day.

Yorkie

• Global Moderator
Re: New Plastic Greenhouse
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2021, 20:05 »
Is it one of those fairly small ones with tubular pipes and a clear plastic cover that slides over the top and has a zipped door?  If so, make sure you tie it down / to something firm!

I had one of those which had 4 shelves that you could fit 3 seed trays on.  I had it at home, tied to a drain pipe.  Don't rely on putting something heavy on the bottom shelf; there's more than on sad person on here who's lost seedlings that way when there was a gust of wind which got behind it  :(
I try to take one day at a time, but sometimes several days all attack me at once...

Page created in 0.145 seconds with 36 queries.