Glyphosate for paths between beds?

• 4 Replies

adri123

• Experienced Member
Glyphosate for paths between beds?
« on: January 12, 2016, 11:49 »
Hi

In the PT I have raised beds using scaffold planks.  Between them I have weed fabric with gravel on top but still they are getting overgrown with weeds poking through.

Would it be OK to use glyphosate on the paths?  Or is there another method I haven't thought of?

TIA

Adri

Nikkithefoot

Re: Glyphosate for paths between beds?
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2016, 12:14 »
The weeds should be really easy to pull out if they are growing in gravel over weed membrane. Any weedkiller will only kill actively growing weeds. I would just pull them out as I see them.
I was put on this earth to accomplish a certain number of things; right now I am so far behind I will never die.

Growster...

« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2016, 16:28 »
I always use Roundup on the 'hard shoulder' between a grass path and the 8' x 4' beds. The whole lot is level, so mowing is a doddle.

Glypho is pretty slow to work at the moment, as it needs a strong growth to stir things up, so it may be best to hoik out the weeds as Nikki says, then hit them all when it warms up, which in a polytunnel should be earlier than using the stuff outside!

AlaninCarlisle

« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2016, 17:18 »
I've been using either Roundup or Gallop (both glyphosate) weedkiller in my polytunnel for exactly the situation described for several years now with no ill effects.

adri123

• Experienced Member
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2016, 20:10 »
It's just the idea of putting down 'poison' near to where I grow our veg that makes me concerned.

Thanks for all the replies.

Adri

Page created in 0.154 seconds with 37 queries.