yellow tomato plants

• 4 Replies

jambop

yellow tomato plants
« on: May 20, 2019, 09:44 »

So I planted out my tomatoes last Wednesday in brilliant weather  and come Friday the temp drops 15C and it rains heavily for the whole weekend  :( They are not looking at all happy now yellow leaves and purple stems I fear the worst! Anyway I have no more spares so I will just have to hope for the best when warmer weather arrives later this week... not going to be tropical but 19C will be a big improvement over  the 10C we have just now. I am a global warming skeptic but I have to say the weather patterns are somewhat odd the past few years, For example in February and March we were having weather that was close to what we would expect in May and June then April and now may have been what we would expect to get in Feb and March. Anyway it is what it is and I cannot change it :(  just a shame to see your hard work taking a hammering.

mumofstig

• Global Moderator
Re: yellow tomato plants
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2019, 09:48 »
Bad luck! I hope they pull through ok, fingers crossed for some warmer weather to arrive....

jambop

« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2019, 10:15 »
Bad luck! I hope they pull through ok, fingers crossed for some warmer weather to arrive....
It has happened before when we had a particularly cold snap in JUNE ! the temps fell to about 12C and we had heavy rain for about ten days the plants were in two inches of water for a week... somehow they survived so I am hoping for the same this time.

Goosegirl

« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2019, 12:42 »
I'm a great fan of using dilute Maxicrop sea weed feed as it seems to give a bit of a boost when plants need it.
I work very hard so don't expect me to think as well.

jambop

« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2019, 13:25 »
I'm a great fan of using dilute Maxicrop sea weed feed as it seems to give a bit of a boost when plants need it.

There is a lot of feed in the soil it is just that the plants never had time to get any roots out into it yet because of the change in the weather conditions I am sure/hoping that a rise in the temperature and less rain will see a turnaround in their health.

xx
yellow tomato plants (leaves)

Started by vineweevil1 on Grow Your Own

4 Replies
Last post June 04, 2009, 19:06
by mumofstig
xx
Tomato plants - yellow patches

Started by Maryann on Grow Your Own

13 Replies
Last post May 28, 2008, 14:11
by James
xx
Yellow leaves on tomato plants

Started by casper on Grow Your Own

4 Replies
Last post July 28, 2012, 22:40
by casper
xx
tomato plants dying, yellow leaves

Started by booklover on Grow Your Own

2 Replies
Last post September 03, 2020, 19:24
by 8doubles

Page created in 0.315 seconds with 44 queries.