Next Back Procedure

• 5 Replies

mrs bouquet

Next Back Procedure
« on: July 16, 2019, 16:37 »
On 29th August I go to a beautiful private hospital in Hove, East Sussex.   The Consultant is charming, and this is what I am having done.   
Lumbar facet injections L5/S1    L4/5    L3/4, these total 5 injections and also a Caudal epidural.
There is disc degeneration at L5-S1 and at L4 5 there is a broad based disc bulging impinging both L5 nerve roots.   Then I will engage on a physiotherapy programme.

This has been steadily worsening over a number of years.  My feet and legs are now so painful with nerve pain.  I have had several procedures over the last couple of years.  So I am hoping this will improve things.
 Meanwhile, do I stop, no of course not.   You've gotta keep moving  :lol: Mrs Bouquet

Birds in cages do not sing  -  They are crying.

greenjay

• Experienced Member
Re: Next Back Procedure
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2019, 22:28 »
all the best when you have it done.

mumofstig

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2019, 23:15 »
Good luck with the injections. I have been diagnosed with lumbar spine stenosis (narrowing of the nerve space, resulting in pain and cramps in my legs - much worse lying down) it was decided that injections wouldn't help me, and the operation is risky - so I was referred for 6 month's worth of physiotherapy at a private Musculoskeletal clinc.
They gave me exercises to adjust my posture to release the pinch on the nerves which helped a lot with the pain - but I will always need to take painkillers to sleep. At least I now know how to manage the condition and what I can and can't do.
I really hope your physio is as good as mine, the one I had last year at the hospital was no help at all, all she wanted me to do was stretch my hamstrings, which seemed to make the pinch worse :(

Goosegirl

« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2019, 10:48 »
MB, I applaud you for going private. That's not to say the NHS is not very good because some areas are, but constant pain like yours needs sorting out as soon as possible and no way do you want to be at the end of an 18 month waiting list. I've made an appointment to see an NHS neurologist but the soonest one I could get is next March, so am going for a private consultation to get an idea what's going on. All the very best to you my dear and get some champers and a special bubble bath to celebrate when you get back home.  :lol:
I work very hard so don't expect me to think as well.

mrs bouquet

« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2019, 12:00 »
Actually, I should have made it clearer.   My lovely NHS consultant who has been trying to help for a long time, has referred me to this Hospital, all via the NHS.    I get treated there in exactly the same way as those who are paying, and the time scales are the same as well.     I think they must all feel very sorry for me now  :lol: :lol: :lol:    Mrs Bouquet

Goosegirl

« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2019, 15:23 »
Owing to my previous and lovely GP I had my right hip replaced in a local private hospital on the NHS and a good job too because my femur was so small I needed a child's spike and they only had one in store. Compare that to went I went to the NHS dressing clinic in great pain(to say the least) and needed some new ones, they asked if I was given any by my private hospital but I hadn't then they told me they didn't have any either. Cue one of the most caring NHS people I've ever met. She took one look at my face then found a dressing for me which she said she could get the sack for doing it. I told her in no uncertain terms that if it came to that they'd have to go through me. MB, ps, the food is fabulous!  ;)

xx
Back in the day

Started by RubyRed on Chatting on the Plot

3 Replies
Last post January 10, 2019, 03:13
by sunshineband
xx
They're back!

Started by AlaninCarlisle on Chatting on the Plot

5 Replies
Last post May 20, 2019, 12:28
by mrs bouquet
xx
looking back

Started by rowlandwells on Chatting on the Plot

10 Replies
Last post January 11, 2021, 15:50
by rowlandwells
xx
Back Job !

Started by mrs bouquet on Chatting on the Plot

5 Replies
Last post December 13, 2018, 07:53
by snowdrops

Page created in 0.136 seconds with 45 queries.