tiller belts

• 3 Replies

Dekzion

tiller belts
« on: October 20, 2023, 11:11 »
Hi, I've a couple of Templar tillers to play with. I've been trying to find suitable belts for them without success. the problem is that on number 1 the nearest belt I can find, and a direct replacement of the one it had, it is constantly turning the blades and yet when it's engaged it slips! and on number two I cant get one to fit at all! it's either too tight or too loose. I've now got a peg full of belts that vary by 5mm and are no good to me. Is there some kind of magical spooky formula to get the right belt known only to the few?

Kleftiwallah

Re: tiller belts
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2023, 12:51 »
Good afternoon Dekzion, is there not an 'idler wheel' with which to adjust the tension?

Cheers,  Tony.
I may be growing OLD, but I refuse to grow UP !

jezza

« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2023, 12:34 »
Hello I was shown by a machinery dealer hoe to measure the belt size on a Merry tiller rotavator by measuring pulley to pulley centre then doubling the number eg 23 inch centre to centre A 46 belt ,metric equivalent are terrible to match up,try Simply bearings they managed to get mr a belt for a Turner flail mower,they measured in metric I measured in proper english measurement I needed a belt 37 inches inside diameter metric equivalent or Americsn belts measure on the out side   jezza

Dekzion

« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2024, 14:02 »
I've sussed it! both the tillers are missing the forward bit of plate that is the 'belt guide'
It makes sense how it works by lifting the belt away from the crank pulley, just got to make/find one!

xx
merry tiller belts.

Started by Gwiz on Equipment Shed

0 Replies
Last post November 21, 2006, 17:21
by Gwiz
xx
drive belts

Started by Bigbadfrankie on Equipment Shed

11 Replies
Last post April 27, 2007, 22:16
by shaun
xx
Belts for Norlett 6000

Started by stuartatno19 on Equipment Shed

2 Replies
Last post April 24, 2008, 07:02
by dorimower
xx
Cultimatic Deluxe vee belts

Started by Lorenzo Forte on Equipment Shed

1 Replies
Last post February 05, 2022, 16:35
by R Tallentire

Page created in 0.133 seconds with 42 queries.