Whingy neighbour.

• 16 Replies

nerdle

• The Lone Free Ranger
Whingy neighbour.
« on: July 29, 2014, 10:49 »
Another moany note from my neighbour through the door. I won't post this but I wrote this response to cheer myself up.

So sorry to disturb you.

Since you have always been such a kind, warm hearted, helpful and uncomplaining neighbour it saddens me greatly that I have caused you the slightest distress.

I have  a long term chronic and  painful illness, no family and my dog died last year so these hens are very precious to me.  But never mind that. I’ll have their throats cut anyway as your happiness is paramount.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2014, 10:50 by nerdle »
One grandma and 4 baby Pekins.

Aunt Sally

• Administrator
  • Everyone's Aunty
Re: Whingy neighbour.
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2014, 10:52 »
Oh Nerdle, how much noise can three little bantam hens make  ::) ::) ::)

Ignore her and take care of yourself ! 

rosiecider

• Experienced Member
  • rosiecider
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2014, 11:05 »
Love the hint of sarcasm, honestly could the neighbour not speak to you in person rather that a note it gives an insight into the person behind it, ignore them and let them whinge on ! our neighbour has 4 and honestly don't even notice any noise, sparrows make more noise
:D I garden therefore I am

Willow_Warren

« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2014, 12:57 »
I worry about the noise my chickens make, but honestly it's nothing compared to the screaming children!

Hannah :)

splash101

« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2014, 13:05 »
 :mellow:

I suspect the chickens are not at the root of the problem. They are just using them to channel their anger at. It doesnt mean that its something that you have done, but maybe its something you havent done.
Some people are so sensitive and even though it might be something thats none of their business, they feel that it should have been. Of course, you will probably never find the real reason they have issues with your chickens, they might just have issues full stop.
Do you have any other neighbours that have any issues with either your chickens or your moany neighbours?

We have some neighbours 2 doors down that we have had problems with, not chicken wise but many many years ago my husband came out of hospital having had a brain abcess removed. The day he came out, the neighbours drains were blocked and because he helped them unblock the drains 2 years previous they thought he would do the same.
He couldnt stand at the time because his balance had been affected, his head was bandaged, his scalp was stitched, but they still thought it very inconsiderate that my husband wouldnt unblock THEIR drains.
After that, all hell broke loose and every little thing we did, they came around pounding on our door. Things have calmed now (12 years later) but we dont speak and we dont look at each other which suits us all fine.

I would be inclined though to tear up their note and post it back through their door.

joyfull

• Monarch Engineering Ltd
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2014, 13:32 »
Tell them to go boil their heads an egg and then ignore any future petty little notes.
Staffies are softer than you think.

nerdle

• The Lone Free Ranger
« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2014, 14:03 »
Thank you - its all OK - just typing that made me smile and couldn't resist sharing it as my moany neigbour solution.

Their house and garden are immaculate and I'm scruffy - I think that's what its all about.  My other neighbours are wonderful.  :) :) :) :) :) :)

grinling

« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2014, 20:26 »
My neighbour called me over today concerned that something had been eating her veg (chicks got in 2 years ago and ate the beetroot leaves..hubby boarded the base of the hedge)... I said I had 3 mice in the polytunnel eating cucs(not anymore), but that a rabbit has been in mine and that would eat her carrots etc. Then told her that because her son at cut the grass in the paddock they own, the rabbits had moved back in.
Thank God she didn't see Sprout in her garden a few weeks back..she has not returned.

barley

« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2014, 22:24 »
if there going to keep complaining nerdle , give them something to really complain about

do you like playing Drums !!!!!

Madame Cholet

• Location: Thrapston=Home & garden Lotty=Ringstead East Northants
  • remember you're a womble
« Reply #9 on: July 30, 2014, 05:24 »
I agree with Splash could be a case of misdirected anger.
Diary at- http://chat.allotment-garden.org/index.php?topic=85680.75

Comments at- http://chat.allotment-garden.org/index.php?topic=85681.15

To good friends, good food and dirty hands

Underground overground wombling free

andy46

• Experienced Member
« Reply #10 on: August 01, 2014, 19:14 »
just ignore them and any notes use them to light the barby and then sit on your chicken bench and enjoy your girls xx
Pull up a perch!!

Beetroot Queen

« Reply #11 on: August 01, 2014, 21:25 »
if there going to keep complaining nerdle , give them something to really complain about

do you like playing Drums !!!!!

I'll send my son around with his CCF marching drum, mind you, you'd need to take a holiday as loud is not the word.

nerdle

• The Lone Free Ranger
« Reply #12 on: August 01, 2014, 21:29 »
Been a bit hot for the chicken bench lately  :ohmy:- the girls are in the shade under the bushes as well.... but in the house again tomorrow (rain) ;)

Snoop

« Reply #13 on: August 02, 2014, 10:02 »
Send a note back:

If you need my help in case of an emergency or if you need to communicate with me for any other important reason, please call round in person as I have decided not to read any more of your notes in future.

jay001

• Experienced Member
« Reply #14 on: August 02, 2014, 11:52 »
Send a note back:

If you need my help in case of an emergency or if you need to communicate with me for any other important reason, please call round in person as I have decided not to read any more of your notes in future.

perfect solution I think  :lol:
Real knowledge is to know the extent of ones ignorance

xx
Think i'm going to kill my neighbour-well not really.......

Started by wildwitchy on Chicken Chat

44 Replies
Last post March 27, 2011, 13:22
by wildwitchy
xx
Neighbour from hell

Started by Flump on Chicken Chat

7 Replies
Last post April 08, 2017, 19:49
by Rhys
question
Neighbour's cockerel

Started by Smokeymoe on Chicken Chat

3 Replies
Last post October 02, 2020, 20:05
by grinling
xx
Neighbour trimmed the hedge a bit too much

Started by grinling on Chicken Chat

7 Replies
Last post July 18, 2016, 14:31
by sunshineband

Page created in 0.139 seconds with 40 queries.