Cats

• 84 Replies

Foxy

Re: Cats
« Reply #45 on: October 31, 2009, 19:01 »
When we got Sammi a few weeks ago, we had only just lost Grolsch, poor old thing. I was devastated as he had been such a big part of my life, to make things sadder, it was one of those situations we all dread, the last visit to the vet. :( :(
Then, after a G&T too many I ended up agreeing to a kitten from Caralou (still dont quite know how it that happened! :lol: :lol:)
Well to cut a short story shorter, Sammi is gorgeous! She tried desperately to be loved -all over hubby - he didn't know anything about the kitten until practically at Caras' front door! :wub: Now they are best friends! :D
She is tiny, dont think she will get much bigger, but so very very happy. I know now it was the right thing to do :)

Kate and her Ducks

« Reply #46 on: October 31, 2009, 19:22 »
Oliver seems to forgive me pretty much instantly. I think he is just so glad to be home safe and sound. He was so glad to see me when I visited him at the vets last time it broke my heart having to leave him there.

I have a reliable pet sitter but still worry as she's not here all the time. Might ask my Mum who he is more comfortable around.

This is him within about 3 mins of getting home the last time.

Be like a duck. Calm on the surface but always paddling like the dickens underneath.

Parsnip

« Reply #47 on: October 31, 2009, 19:45 »
Oliver looks so scumfy on his bed Kate..I do hope he's ok 8) Send him a big Snippy cuddle please. He's not unlike snip, he's scared of his own shadow, he won't go anywhere near anyone apart from me and hubby :blush:

TMG Archie is the short haired version of Poo..he chases the cats too, in fact he chases anything not human that moves ::) I suspect he'll do the same when I get my chooks ... ??? They're terriers though, thats what they do...got to love 'em though.. :D

Kate and her Ducks

« Reply #48 on: October 31, 2009, 19:52 »
Ollie is really funny with that sheepskin. Half the time it's his favourite comfy place to sleep, the other half he stalks it, pounces and tries to savage it!

Rubellite

« Reply #49 on: November 01, 2009, 14:28 »
Poor Ollie  :( he looks like he could be related to Moggett the sock monster. She hates everyone except me, and I get attacked if I misjudge her mood, too.
I hope he feels better soon.

When my bestest ever girl, Rosie (JRT), was in the critical care unit, it broke my heart. I think I cried constantly for the 4 or 5 days that she was in there. Visiting was hell, and I didn't bring her home at the end of it all :( I have to say that probably counted as one of the worst times of my life).

I know that the circumstances are different with Ollie, and you'll be bringing him home, but when you visit and then go home, it's awful when they watch you go, isn't it?

Caralou

• Family Member.
    • Lowcostliving
« Reply #50 on: November 01, 2009, 16:08 »
When Thor was in last week I decided not to go visit him if he needed to stay another night as he is fine with the nurses and in the pen until he sees me then he gets hysterical to come home - when he was hospitalised 6 months ago he worked himself up so badly he was sick with it :( Thankfully after the first night this time I picked him up. I asked had he been crying/wailing and the nurse said he'd been ever so good and had lots of cuddles and no wailing. He heard my voice in the waiting room and was off wailing immediately ::)

I hope Ollie is home with you soon Kate, he does look a happy boy on his blanket  :wub:

too many girls

« Reply #51 on: November 01, 2009, 17:19 »

Then, after a G&T too many I ended up agreeing to a kitten from Caralou (still dont quite know how it that happened! :lol: :lol:)

gosh that happened to me :ohmy: only mine was white rum, i must have had more to drink than you cos i ended up with 2 :lol:

Foxy

« Reply #52 on: November 01, 2009, 18:49 »

gosh that happened to me :ohmy: only mine was white rum, i must have had more to drink than you cos i ended up with 2 :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Foxy

« Reply #53 on: November 01, 2009, 18:50 »
Actually dont tell Cara- just poured a large one.... :unsure: :unsure: :D

Caralou

• Family Member.
    • Lowcostliving
« Reply #54 on: November 01, 2009, 20:46 »
Got a lovely little ginger boy 12 weeks old here Foxy......  :tongue2: :lol:

Kate and her Ducks

« Reply #55 on: November 01, 2009, 21:55 »
Well best stop drinking or turn off the computer as feeling really blue with no cats in the house. Still waiting to hear tomorrow morning what will be happening with Oliver and have to go back to work. Boo Hiss.

Caralou

• Family Member.
    • Lowcostliving
« Reply #56 on: November 01, 2009, 21:58 »
Big hugs from here xxx I really hope this can be fixed with him as he must be in so much discomfort the poor little man  :(

Kate and her Ducks

« Reply #57 on: November 01, 2009, 22:04 »
Trying to look on the bright side that he is in the best place for him and I am getting a lot more revision done without him here to "help". Oddly that's not cheering me up all that much!

Foxy

« Reply #58 on: November 01, 2009, 22:19 »
At least you spotted it and he is in the right place. Hope he makes a good recovery, and good luck with your revision :) :)

raeburg

« Reply #59 on: November 01, 2009, 22:53 »
Got a lovely little ginger boy 12 weeks old here Foxy......  :tongue2: :lol:

Don't say things like that...  I'm not listening  LA LA LA LA......

xx
cats one rule for dogs one for cats

Started by traacyken on Pets without Feathers

60 Replies
Last post April 05, 2014, 22:25
by mumofstig
xx
Who would have cats ?

Started by spottymint on Pets without Feathers

18 Replies
Last post April 02, 2013, 08:20
by composthappens
xx
The Forum Cats

Started by Spana on Pets without Feathers

61 Replies
Last post November 22, 2010, 22:05
by CluckyChicken
xx
Cats and leather

Started by kitkat on Pets without Feathers

13 Replies
Last post September 18, 2009, 07:48
by kitkat

Page created in 0.113 seconds with 35 queries.