The Royal Breakfast

• 21 Replies

New shoot

• Global Moderator
Re: The Royal Breakfast
« Reply #15 on: January 12, 2020, 20:14 »
Perhaps Harry is suffering with mental worries, perhaps she is, perhaps they both are.  Perhaps they just don't feel they fit into the existing framework or want different things for their son.  Perhaps they are money grubbing - who knows - not me  :wacko: 

I would have been tempted to put some distance between myself, the British press and a potentially rocky meeting and join in by video link as well.   Meghan is the outsider here, whereas Harry is talking to his dad, grandparents and brother.  Imagine walking into a room full of that lot knowing you have irritated them.  That would scare most people half to death.

I hope they and the family can work this out without too much blood letting.  I think compromises will have to be made on both sides, but 'spare' royals do need a proper job to do and perhaps some modernisation of the family firm is overdue.  I'm sure the boss will want the best for them, but will be very particular about ensuring it all as fair as possible  ;)

« Last Edit: January 12, 2020, 20:16 by New shoot »

Yorkie

• Global Moderator
« Reply #16 on: January 12, 2020, 20:18 »
I mentioned mental health because he has himself opened up about his mental health issues.  Just one example: he has said that every time he sees a photographer's flash it takes him back to when his mother was being hounded by the press.  I am no psychologist or psychiatrist, but that has the appearance of PTSD.  He has also said he has experienced depression, I think.  Megan has indicated she was finding life difficult in an interview too.

So my comment was based on evidence.
I try to take one day at a time, but sometimes several days all attack me at once...

grinling

« Reply #17 on: January 12, 2020, 21:53 »
Frogmore house would have been paid from the sovreign grant the Queen gets from the treasury, which was 82million. The Queen paid 345million tax. She elected to pay tax even though she does not need to.
Prince Charles pays quite a lot for them as Megan still has to declare everything to the US tax system.
The crunch comes for carbon footprint for flying them and bodyguards,or even paying for external bodyguards.

mumofstig

• Global Moderator
« Reply #18 on: January 17, 2020, 16:33 »
Was he actually scheduled to be at the opening the NI Assembly, I didn't see it announced anywhere?
Who said he should have been during the radio debate? as it seems a bit strange that anybody thought he should be.

WeavingGryphon

« Reply #19 on: January 18, 2020, 12:24 »
I've been hunting around the different radio shows and I cannot find it.  >:(. I listen to the radio that much so I'm missing where I heard it. I'll delete the original post unless I find it.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2020, 13:20 by WeavingGryphon »

rowlandwells

« Reply #20 on: January 18, 2020, 19:19 »
this is getting silly by the day mental health keeps  rearing  its ugly head when   its all about money money money at the end of the day lots of money [Harry Enfield] of have a feeling William and Kate are going to be left short of a few bob and left to do more public engagements to boot

all this paraphernalia every time you turn on the news what about some  kids and other folks looking where there next meal's coming from or if they can turn the heating on or if the  food bank is going to be open

it strikes me we need to start getting our priorities rite in my day a spoilt little brat would have had a good spanking we all have a duty of care for our family and hope our kids marry and grow up to face there family commitments and we are here to  help them out when they need a hand but that doesn't mean they desert family values far from it we all look up to our kids doing there  best in life and I feel proud of my kids when this happens

New shoot

• Global Moderator
« Reply #21 on: January 18, 2020, 20:51 »
we all look up to our kids doing there  best in life and I feel proud of my kids when this happens

That is a lovely sentiment Rowland  :)

I'm sure whatever goes on in families, royal or otherwise, parents and grandparents will try and do their best for the following generations and feel proud of them.

I think we have all had a good say on this subject now, so I am going to lock it.

xx
My Muddy Breakfast

Started by mrs bouquet on Chatting on the Plot

4 Replies
Last post November 15, 2018, 11:19
by hamstergbert
xx
Carers on Breakfast TV.

Started by Goosegirl on Chatting on the Plot

6 Replies
Last post January 13, 2024, 17:45
by wighty

Page created in 0.145 seconds with 46 queries.