Dermatitis

• 10 Replies

mrs bouquet

Dermatitis
« on: June 16, 2020, 14:02 »
I have a really bad out-break at the moment, on hands, wrists, feet, legs, face.   It is driving me mad, does anybody no of a good remedy please.   Mrs Bouquet
Birds in cages do not sing  -  They are crying.

JayG

• Global Moderator
Re: Dermatitis
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2020, 14:48 »
An emollient cream, preferably without lanolin as an ingredient in case you're allergic to that, should help Mrs. B.

Most people use it incorrectly - it should be applied liberally immediately after washing while the skin is still damp (the idea is to lock the moisture into the skin.) Not an instant cure, but keep at it and the inflamed skin should eventually calm down and heal. Might also be worth thinking about whether any laundry detergent, soaps and shampoos you use are as skin-friendly as they could be.

Works for me, given a tendency to get slight patches of eczema ever since I was put on statins...  ::)
Sow your seeds, plant your plants. What's the difference? A couple of weeks or more when answering possible queries!

One of the best things about being an orang-utan is the fact that you don't lose your good looks as you get older

snowdrops

« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2020, 15:04 »
There’s a good cream we recommended for babies & children Aveeno, might also be worth using an emollient in the bath/shower but do use a mat to stop you slipping over. If you’re able to take an anti histamine it can break the itch cycle as well
A woman's place is in her garden.

See my diary pages here
and add a comment here

mumofstig

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2020, 15:48 »
First thing to ask yourself, is what has changed recently?
Different bath/shower cleanser? Different washing powder/liquid/conditioner?
Have you eaten anything that you don't usually eat, or a frozen meal with changed ingredients?
Can sometimes happen after sunbathing, or touching plants that are new to you, as well  ::)
An anti-histamine usually calms things down pretty quickly - I always have some handy for a flare up ;)

jezza

« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2020, 18:01 »
Hello have you been handling geraniums they can cause dermatitis also Coleus   jezza

mrs bouquet

« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2020, 12:07 »
There is nothing I can think of that is any different in my house or garden.   The rash is still breaking out in other places.  So far, this is what I have been given :-   Betamethasone Valerate, Dermol Cream, Eumovate Ointment, 1% hydrocortisone Ointment, and the same but cream, Eurax Cream, after 10 minutes of applying them I have to wash it all off.  It is too painful and burning.  My shampoo is a special one from the Doctor.
He will not see any patients, so he rings me and talks handsfree in his echo room, and I cannot hear him  ::)
His latest suggestion is that I take 'photos and send them to him.    After the conversation, when I picked myself up from laughing, I did actually take some which is not easy to hold ipad to take pictures of hands. I am certainly not sending 'photos of other places.  ( My son asked if the Doc was a perv  :lol:)
Yesterday, I think I actually managed to send them as well, because he,  the doc, rang me and told me off for not doing it. !!!
The thing that I notice most of all is that I cannot use water unless it is just tepid, it hurts too much, and the itch gets worse when anything rubs against it.   So I shall wait now and see what happens next.
Thanks for your input folks,    Mrs Bouquet

prakash_mib

« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2020, 14:17 »
Its awful. Sorry to hear that. One thing we noticed with our daughter is changing the moisturising cream regularly. At the moment she is on asda nappy rash cream on too of the emoliant. Sometimes its the aloe and rosehip we bought from tenerife couple years ago. Of all the nappy rash ones are probably the most better results.
One kid is handful. Two kids.... Example for chaos theory. Hats off to my mum who managed three...

JayG

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2020, 16:40 »
The thing that I notice most of all is that I cannot use water unless it is just tepid, it hurts too much, and the itch gets worse when anything rubs against it.   So I shall wait now and see what happens next.
Thanks for your input folks,    Mrs Bouquet

Yes, the warmer the water, the more it aggravates the already irritated and inflamed skin (and also removes even more of your skin's protective natural oils), so, as cool as you can comfortably manage, as little unscented soap as you can get away with, pat dry rather than rub, then immediately apply a simple emollient cream (by simple, I mean something like Zerobase - your skin seems to be reacting to nearly everything it's in contact with at the moment.)

Using an extra rinse cycle for your clothes washing can help reduce any detergent residues on your clothes.

wighty

« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2020, 19:44 »
Dermobase is the same as Zerobase just by another name.  I had a patch on my ankle a few years ago and found the best thing was E45 itch cream.

jezza

« Reply #9 on: June 29, 2020, 13:00 »
Hello you wouldn't happen to have been handling tomato plants the green off them can be irritating if you have a rub down with a green tomato will remove the irritation and the green as well another way is a mud wollow  a pig farmer near me has dug a mud hole  for his pigs that had eczema  they love it ,also saves him  a fortune on skin creams jezza

jezza

« Reply #10 on: June 30, 2020, 19:02 »
Hello I've been for some more hand sanitizer I mentioned to the man who makes it that some one had dermatitis he said that glycerol  can be an irritant to older people as it dries the skin out he advises to check what's in any creams you use  jezza

Page created in 0.128 seconds with 52 queries.