Hello

• 1 Replies

flowerofshona

Hello
« on: April 05, 2006, 11:41 »
Hi,
Just found this site and joined :)
I have had allotments of many years with my hubby but we moved home last year and had to leave our plot behind but soon found a new site and where offered one of the big plots on there which was in fairly good condition, just 'bitty' so we cleared the lot and made it into one plot with one path up the midddle and a big fruit bed at the end.
As we had missed the autum dig we decided to get a head start and as there where no 'nasty' weeds we rotavated the whole lot which has given us a good chance this year.
This plot is in Bournemouth, Dorset and is a self managed site and is a really well run place, much better than the council run ones we have had !
We where asked to join the committe and are well involved :)
As we started to fill the plot with broad beans, peas, potatoes, garlic, shallots ect it dawned on us there was no room for hubbys show dahlias and so we took on another plot last weekend, this has been cleared of most of the rubbish and now awaits the rotavator at the weekend and there are loads of raspberries that im going to tackle and thin down and feed.
So as you see we have plenty to keep us busy for quite some time and also a house that needs total re decorating !!!!
Hope to get to know you all xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

John

• Administrator
    • Low Cost Living
Hello
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2006, 16:49 »
Hello and a warm welcome!

Sunny Bournemouth - you lucky people. Can't say I'm a dahlia man but our site rep is. He says he'll come on these forums when he's got his specs on and a computer :)

Cheers

JOhn
Check out our books - ideal presents

John and Val Harrison's Books

Page created in 0.301 seconds with 35 queries.