NETTING TUNNEL

• 27 Replies

TREGRAHOW

Re: NETTING TUNNEL
« Reply #15 on: July 12, 2013, 16:04 »
Best laid plans and all that! Tried to set up the gazebo and found one of the leg sections missing. Eventually went back to the store and the lady in the Customer Services office simply reached into one of three boxes stood in the corner and pulled out a section I was missing!!! Great service but, a complete item in the first place would have been better.

Agreed with the wife that we would put the thing together on the plot this morning. This morning we've been racing around for items for a grand-daughters' prom outfit and still haven't put the gazebo together. Work weekends so it will be Monday before I get another chance. Stuff to plant out under it will have to stay in pots a little longer.

RJR_38

• www.foodinmytum.com
« Reply #16 on: July 12, 2013, 19:38 »
Can I ask where you got the gazebo from? I am still weighing up whether to base my fruit cage on gazebos or wood. I haven't seen any cheap gazebos though

TREGRAHOW

« Reply #17 on: July 12, 2013, 22:51 »
Not much use to you I'm afraid. The store is Hooty's and is off Rose Hill in Willenhall - the Walsall Willenhall not the Coventry one. There must be similar stores near you with 3m x 3m gazebos on sale at around £20. As for making fruit cages they would be ideal with fruit netting attached with cable ties. The same goes for conduit framed tunnels - just cover them with fruit netting instead of debris netting. You're only trying to keep birds out aren't you? You will need some insects in there for pollinating won't you?

Hopefully your problem is solved - all I need to do now is solve my own.

RJR_38

• www.foodinmytum.com
« Reply #18 on: July 13, 2013, 08:16 »
Ah, ok thanks. The only cheapish ones I have found so far are in Argos and they honestly look like a puff of gentle wind they would collapse! I
 Could build a tunnel as I have piping but I want a walk-in one to make weeding etc easier.

alimilly

• Life and Love of the Millys
« Reply #19 on: July 13, 2013, 12:32 »
Tesco have their cheepie gazebo on offer at the moment reduced from £21 to £10.50 if that is any help to you.

RJR_38

• www.foodinmytum.com
« Reply #20 on: July 13, 2013, 14:17 »
Thanks, I will take a look!

TREGRAHOW

« Reply #21 on: July 19, 2013, 20:24 »
Put the gazebo up and skinned it with debris netting. I only took 4 shots of the build as I became distracted by the goings-on in my right hand compost bin. Hopefully, I can upload the shots of the build and then the shot of my compost bin. It started as a video but, somehow ended up as a JPEG. If I can find the video version I'll post it.

The pix will upload separately (if at all). This is my fourth attempt at doing it.

TREGRAHOW

« Reply #22 on: July 19, 2013, 20:44 »
GAZ 1+
GAZ 1 +.jpg

TREGRAHOW

« Reply #23 on: July 19, 2013, 20:49 »
GAZ 2+
GAZ 2 +.jpg

TREGRAHOW

« Reply #24 on: July 19, 2013, 20:53 »
VOLE 4
VOLE 4.jpg

TREGRAHOW

« Reply #25 on: July 19, 2013, 21:00 »
Most of my pix seem to be too big for the permitted upload. I've never been too big before!! I'll bone up on how to reduce the size of picture files and upload what I have.

Quite simply, my wife and I got on with the job of erecting the gazebo and skinning it but, forgot all about the pix as we became sidetracked by a vole shovelling compost out of my 3/4 full right hand bin. It stands a good chance of being the same vole I accidentally evicted from my left hand bin as I was removing compost for my plot.

I don't want to evict her again so sadly I will have to forego the dubious pleasure of turning the contents of my right hand bin. What she has shovelled out seems to be in very good nick and will be excellent when I am allowed to shovel it out. The video I have somewhere on my phone is fascinating.

BobE

« Reply #26 on: July 19, 2013, 21:12 »
The photo that you intend to upload needs to be 1000 KB in file size, or less.  You can upload up to 4 pictures but their total size cannot exceed 3000 KB.  A picture size of 640 pixels as the larger dimension is suitable. One such re-sizing program can be found at: http://pixresizer.en.softonic.com - the system will automatically reduce the displayed image size but large images may be too big a file to upload.

I used it and its fine

TREGRAHOW

« Reply #27 on: July 26, 2013, 19:40 »
First picture of pagoda skinned with debris netting. Wonky legs made a little stronger by forcing them 6" into the soil. Overhanging netting buried in the soil for the moment - don't want to cut it. I'm going to hang fire on erecting actual tunnels. Advised to wait to see if vandals take a shine to my pagoda before chucking more cash at the idea. Makes sense to me.
NET TUNNEL 004.jpg

xx
My New Tunnel

Started by Rangerkris on Design and Construction

14 Replies
Last post January 30, 2012, 09:29
by sunshineband
xx
Skinnin` a Tunnel...?

Started by Urbanite on Design and Construction

8 Replies
Last post April 12, 2016, 22:39
by grinling
xx
New tunnel build

Started by jambop on Design and Construction

4 Replies
Last post December 07, 2021, 17:36
by rowlandwells
xx
Building a net-tunnel...

Started by Bigfatsi on Design and Construction

10 Replies
Last post July 10, 2012, 11:36
by surbie100

Page created in 0.13 seconds with 38 queries.