Veg feeding programme

• 1 Replies

Goosegirl

Veg feeding programme
« on: July 19, 2009, 17:25 »
Can anyone advise me on further feeding as a booster for veg that is in the ground for a while that you harvest later on such as onions, brussels, garlic, leeks, swedes, purple sp. broccoli, main crop pots. I read somewhere that an application of dried blood in autumn is good for brussels and wondered if it would apply to leeks too. I do apply pelleted chicken manure to my sweetcorn, pots and runner beans as they are hungry feeders. Does anyone apply further feed to onions and the others mentioned? I know that too much nitrogen can induce soft growth susceptible to disease. What about phosphates for onions and other root crops and what organic feed would you recommend? I did a foliar feed with Maxicrop general feed a while ago - should this be repeated every month, say?
I work very hard so don't expect me to think as well.

Brassica Blaz

• Experienced Member
Re: Veg feeding programme
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2009, 06:40 »
hi goose girl,i wondered the same thing for mi sprouts and cabbages as its my first real season and the old chaps told me they used a liquid feed later whenever they felt they needed to.its not very specific i know but thats all i got out of them.i thought about just putting a bit of granular fertilizer around each plant base to keep em going :)

xx
TV programme - The Big Dig???

Started by Dabhand on Grow Your Own

15 Replies
Last post April 15, 2007, 09:27
by legendaryone
xx
BBC programme Post

Started by greenhead on Grow Your Own

2 Replies
Last post June 13, 2012, 16:26
by Aunt Sally
xx
The Big Dig 2 - Allotment TV Programme

Started by John on Grow Your Own

6 Replies
Last post May 22, 2006, 12:53
by John
xx
Interesting programme Radio 4

Started by Fenland Girl on Grow Your Own

20 Replies
Last post November 25, 2007, 14:44
by gobs

Page created in 0.362 seconds with 28 queries.