Free hosepipe

• 17 Replies

Trillium

Free hosepipe
« Reply #15 on: February 13, 2007, 15:35 »
I don't notice the slugs that much because I always plant a bit extra for the wildlife to steal which is inevitable. We get slugs but not to the extent you have in the UK, especially now in the cool wet weather when there's little else around for them to eat. We're just buried under 2 ft (.6M) of snow. Just let the little beggars work their way through that! But if we get wet summers (rare in the last few years) then we're on regular slug alert and all mulches come off. Rabbits, however, are a nuisance whatever the weather. A local hawk, who still hasn't had any luck with my racing pigeons, settles for the rabbits instead. Would poly tunnels closed at both ends help now?

muntjac

Free hosepipe
« Reply #16 on: February 13, 2007, 19:22 »
.22 rifle with scope and a lamp will sort the rabbits mate sit in ya house n have em through the window  :wink: meat and veggies
still alive /............

Trillium

Free hosepipe
« Reply #17 on: February 15, 2007, 04:06 »
Quote from: "muntjac"
.22 rifle with scope and a lamp will sort the rabbits mate sit in ya house n have em through the window  :wink: meat and veggies

Actually, I do. I have a h.d. pellet rifle with scope, and a removeable window screen. In my case, the grackles, starlings and squirrels raiding my wild bird feeders seem to get in the way and.....  :twisted:   Got so many last summer that OH was complaining about the piles in the burn barrel every week. Eat the squirrels? URGH  :!:  Why bother when my sis raises all our 'organic' beef and poultry.

xx
Free 14 day trial of Garden Advice Club (+ 2 FREE GARDENING BOOKS)

Started by commerlad on Frugal Living

0 Replies
Last post May 17, 2010, 08:55
by commerlad
xx
free pack of veg or flower seeds and 8packs free

Started by kezlou on Frugal Living

97 Replies
Last post February 25, 2009, 19:48
by FRUITFULLS SIS
xx
Free P&P

Started by mumofstig on Frugal Living

1 Replies
Last post January 22, 2012, 08:15
by JaK
xx
Free Tea

Started by Y.E.A.H on Frugal Living

35 Replies
Last post January 09, 2012, 17:14
by MoreWhisky

Page created in 0.144 seconds with 38 queries.