Bell Peppers just seem to want to die

• 3 Replies

casper

• Experienced Member
Bell Peppers just seem to want to die
« on: June 13, 2012, 14:34 »
Hi, I sowed peppers in February. They did amazing indoors. I popped them outside one day a while ago and they shrivelled a bit. I brought them indoors again. I put them out soon as they appeared healthier again and so this goes on. Eventually I decided to put them outdoors and leave them there. I have to say though they dont look fantastic. They curl up, wilt, then they look okay again, then they wilt. They are a nuissance.
What am I doing wrong. I have them in large enough pots. I have fed them a good quality vegetalbe feed. I gave them some Epsom salt yesterday just to be sure they dont need magnesium. Help!!!   :)

simonwatson

Re: Bell Peppers just seem to want to die
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2012, 14:39 »
If you've started them off indoors you need to harden them off first. Put them out during the day and bring them in at night. Do this for at least a week. The current weather isn't really all that warm and they are tropical plants. I suspect it's just too cold for them at the moment.

JayG

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2012, 14:55 »
I agree!

Both bell and chilli peppers need much warmer temperatures than we've been having recently to do well outdoors (my bell peppers aren't doing much, and they're in the greenhouse!)
Sow your seeds, plant your plants. What's the difference? A couple of weeks or more when answering possible queries!

One of the best things about being an orang-utan is the fact that you don't lose your good looks as you get older

casper

• Experienced Member
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2012, 15:06 »
Right I need to bring them indoors now. Our weather is rubbish. I cannot believe they are a tropical plant they wilted soon as I showed them the sunlight. I think they can go on my bathroom window sill. Thanks  :)

clip
Help with my bell peppers

Started by Notty1975 on Grow Your Own

2 Replies
Last post May 06, 2018, 22:27
by mumofstig
xx
Bell Peppers

Started by Lardman on Grow Your Own

4 Replies
Last post May 25, 2010, 22:35
by Babstreefern
xx
Bell peppers

Started by Thephoenix572 on Grow Your Own

1 Replies
Last post May 23, 2012, 21:59
by mumofstig
xx
Bell peppers

Started by Dave NE on Grow Your Own

5 Replies
Last post August 30, 2015, 21:16
by mumofstig

Page created in 0.301 seconds with 39 queries.