Norlett Beaver Powerspade rotavator

• 3 Replies

Delbouy

Norlett Beaver Powerspade rotavator
« on: October 24, 2013, 00:18 »
Hi, Newbie here.

I have a defunct Norlett Beaver - Drive shaft sheared. Is there a demand for these rotavators for refurbishments or spares and what value could I expect. Where would be good to advertise.

grendel

Re: Norlett Beaver Powerspade rotavator
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2013, 16:04 »
You used to be able to buy new driveshaft / gearbox assemblies but I haven't seen them around for a year or so now.
with the driveshaft bust you will probably get the value of the engine from any of the usual sales sites (ebay- craigslist etc) if its just the actual shaft on mine its just a square shaft with a socket on one end (mine is an earlier model though) otherwise it could be the gear head itself, which on the powerspade is a riveted part.
Grendel
we do the impossible daily, miracles take a little longer.

Delbouy

« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2013, 23:54 »
You used to be able to buy new driveshaft / gearbox assemblies but I haven't seen them around for a year or so now.
with the driveshaft bust you will probably get the value of the engine from any of the usual sales sites (ebay- craigslist etc) if its just the actual shaft on mine its just a square shaft with a socket on one end (mine is an earlier model though) otherwise it could be the gear head itself, which on the powerspade is a riveted part.
Grendel

Delbouy

« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2013, 00:07 »

[/quote] Thanks Grendel.
If I can remember it was the square shaft with socket, the square had rounded off, The gear head was ok as i had replaced it earlier and refurbished the original, which i think is still in the shed with spare tines etc The whole thing started a couple of years ago, but the shaft just rotated on gear head connection.  Still I will try ebay  as it may have an interest as spares or could be refurbished by skilled interested party. I have been hand digging the allotment over last 2 seasons.

clip
Norlett Beaver Powerspade Gearbox Oil - Solved!

Started by ccthansard on Equipment Shed

2 Replies
Last post September 27, 2019, 13:40
by ccthansard
xx
Norlett Beaver PowaSpade rotavator

Started by The Badger on Equipment Shed

18 Replies
Last post June 24, 2010, 12:45
by Gwiz
xx
old beaver powerspade

Started by Gerry Norris on Equipment Shed

2 Replies
Last post September 02, 2015, 14:57
by Gerry Norris
xx
norlett powerspade

Started by andy dewar on Equipment Shed

3 Replies
Last post May 04, 2013, 15:54
by andy dewar

Page created in 0.128 seconds with 38 queries.