Garden shredder recommendation

• 1 Replies

Goosegirl

« on: January 03, 2009, 16:45 »
Can anyone recommend an electric garden shredder for a medium size plot that will pull through cuttings rather than you having to push them in?  a decent size input hole for twiggy prunings so you don't have to almost prune them to a single stem first, i.e. is bigger than the usual buttonhole that you normally see. I got an Alko which was almost useless unless it was a single stem you wanted to shred-Christmas tree prunings wouldn't get anywhere near the shredding blades and just stuck in the hole unless you used something to keep pushing them down and then they got stuck and you had to free them by undoing the machine cover. I treat myself to a rather large and expensive petrol one but the rambling rose prunings I first tried wouldn't slide down the chute to get near the blades as they braced themselves on the sides. It shredded great if you could get any prunings in but was hellish noisy (not a problem for the neighbours are two fields away but my ears hurt!). Ideally, a "load up the conveyor belt driven container and shut the lid before shredding" would be great but there aren't any. Help please would be gratefully received. :?
I work very hard so don't expect me to think as well.

Baz

« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2009, 19:04 »
I cant really be of any help in recommending a machine for you, simply because I don't think a machine fitting your requirements exists!

I have experience of 2 so called "powerfull" garden shredders, and I even gave up trying to put dried brussel sprout stalks through!

There must be thousands of shredders abandoned to the shed, because they don't live up to owners expectations.......i think garden shredders are just a waste of money

The only shredders i've ever seen working satisfactorily, are the ones on the back of tractors, usually council contractors

Sorry, no help :(
Baz.........
Mostly organic...

xx
Garden shredder

Started by Amilo on Equipment Shed

9 Replies
Last post September 15, 2013, 11:14
by carlrmj
xx
Garden Shredder

Started by jaycee on Equipment Shed

3 Replies
Last post September 12, 2006, 17:31
by jaycee
xx
garden shredder

Started by juddymarie on Equipment Shed

0 Replies
Last post April 16, 2015, 09:05
by juddymarie
xx
petrol garden shredder

Started by hiccup on Equipment Shed

9 Replies
Last post December 28, 2017, 20:51
by jezza

Page created in 0.138 seconds with 38 queries.