rats

• 6 Replies

pinkladies

rats
« on: November 13, 2009, 17:34 »
Hi all, advice please.......I was out putting the girlies to bed tonight and they didn`t want to go back in thier run ( they had been out in the garden all day free ranging) then a rat ran out in front of me and disapeared under the shed  :wacko:!!!!made me jump ! all of the food stock is stored safetly, well away from the run in a secure store so it must be after pellets / food leftovers in thier run .We have some disused land /forest next to our property so I guess its come from there and is living under the shed. I have read in December`s Pactical Poultry about Eradibait, has any body used it and does it work! as always with poisons you worry about your own chucks............thanks.........Shirley

Vember

Re: rats
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2009, 17:41 »
I have used eradibait and not had a problem since :)

I pop a food bag in my corn/pellet bin mix it around so it smells of the food then gently fill it with the bait and pop an elastic band on it then pop it in the hole or in my case wall where I last saw Mr R :)

Leave a little of the bag on show so you can tell if its gone/moved :) Took 5 days for the bag to vanish completely :)

This time of year is a demon for them as they are needing a new food source, I keep going out at night with a torch and the dogs but no signs yet, but I shall keep checking :)

Oh and if you smoke don't have one before doing that as they hate the smell as much as non smokers  :lol:

Sarah :D

redmolly

• Experienced Member
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2009, 18:04 »
 :lol: I might sit in with the girls to have a few ciggies then!!

pinkladies

« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2009, 18:07 »
Hi thanks Sarah for your help was it easy to get hold of and does anybody know if you can get it online ?........Shirley

Vember

« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2009, 18:11 »
I got mine from the local farm supply shop but yes i think if you google it there are a few places that sell it :)

Sarah :)

Foxy

« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2009, 18:21 »

Here you go link :)

EradiBait

I have used it successfully where they have had the bait as only food source. When next door had a problem wasn't so good as they would rather snack at their place!

Alby

• Experienced Member
    • Up the Bridal Path
« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2009, 19:59 »
I used the Farm shops own make and it did the job real good .

Still using it 3 month down the line as Im VERY rural keeps them under control
wish I was a cat

xx
rats .rats and more blooming rats

Started by muntjac on The Hen House

18 Replies
Last post March 06, 2007, 11:40
by muntjac
xx
Rats!,

Started by primrose1 on The Hen House

15 Replies
Last post November 17, 2012, 19:22
by Mrs Bee
xx
rats

Started by pawsnclaws on The Hen House

4 Replies
Last post July 08, 2009, 14:17
by woodside farm
xx
#### Rats

Started by bantam novice on The Hen House

1 Replies
Last post June 09, 2011, 15:34
by joyfull

Page created in 0.239 seconds with 38 queries.