OH NO

• 5 Replies

Thompson24

• Experienced Member
OH NO
« on: June 17, 2009, 08:49 »
Hi guys

I have recently made a new pen and had the chickens in the hen house until I had finished making it secure .  I let them out yesterday afternoon when after 3 hours my neighbour said, oh you have let your chickens out, I noticed you where buiding a pen so i put roundup on all your weeds for you to help you out!!! I cant believe it, he said he put it on the weeds about 3 weeks ago, however the weeds and grass are still green with a yellow tinge on some.  What should I do, the chickens where out all day yesterday, is it safe for them to be on there and eat it our am i facing my worst fears?

joyfull

• Monarch Engineering Ltd
Re: OH NO
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2009, 08:53 »
I would read the bottle of roundup to see what it says. Has it rained since they "helped you out"?
Staffies are softer than you think.

Thompson24

• Experienced Member
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2009, 09:03 »
yeah its been really heavy rain since.  Im sure on the bottle it says its save to let animals on it after a week or so however I was worried at them eating it?

LittleRedHen

• little red hens egg blog
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2009, 12:53 »
He isn't teasing you, is he?
When I die I will slide in sideways, a glass of wine in one hand and chocolate in the other, screaming, "Whooo hooo!  What a ride!" as life is to be enjoyed to the fullest!

andreadon

• My Diary
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2009, 14:47 »
the farm gardener does that every no andthen - but he uses agricultural grade glyphosphate.
and he never warns us when he does it.
quite annoying.
but apparently once it's dry it's okay for animals to go on

so i'd say a day.

Spadefighter

« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2009, 16:11 »
That sounds right to me, dont think its that harmful when dry and its probably washed out anyway. Dont know what symptoms hens would show if they were affected but I would imagine they would drink a lot more than usual and have upset tums?

Page created in 0.211 seconds with 35 queries.