Wilkinson Sword Loppers

• 2 Replies

PhilMoisey

Wilkinson Sword Loppers
« on: January 28, 2012, 20:49 »
Bought a pair of these when I moved to my new home.  Overgrown privet hedge in front of the house and overgrown laurel hedge down east side of garden. Both about 4 metres high.  The loppers have extending handles, and are promoted as being light.  After one day's use the handles were bent.  So now, every time I cut a branch with them, my knuckles come together with a rather painful crunch.
Luckily still have my old trusty steel handled ones, which I think were substantially cheaper!

arugula

• Winner - prettiest sunflower 2011
  • hic svnt leones
Re: Wilkinson Sword Loppers
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2012, 21:31 »
Hi! So, you say you have an issue with these loppers. How long have you been using them? If this is only a short period of time, can you return them to where you bought them? Or have you over-used them according to the manufacturers guarantee?
"They say a snow year's a good year" -- Rutherford.

PhilMoisey

Re: Wilkinson Sword Loppers
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2012, 16:24 »
Hi! So, you say you have an issue with these loppers. How long have you been using them? If this is only a short period of time, can you return them to where you bought them? Or have you over-used them according to the manufacturers guarantee?

Unfortunately, bought them at Homebase on a visit to UK.  Essentially one good day's use killed them. But I guess I should have reallised that they would be too weak. The handles are made from aluminium to make them lighter.  I didnt take them back as I assumed they would just say I applied to much force to the handles.  I'm no Geoff Capes though.  :)

xx
Garden Loppers

Started by mrs bouquet on Equipment Shed

7 Replies
Last post July 13, 2019, 11:47
by Mr Dog
xx
Secateurs and Loppers - recommendations

Started by greenhead on Equipment Shed

7 Replies
Last post February 19, 2011, 21:37
by Half a plot man
xx
Wilkinson's wheelbarrows

Started by Robert_S on Equipment Shed

8 Replies
Last post May 21, 2011, 08:55
by smud6ie
xx
Wilkinson's cloches

Started by Robert_S on Equipment Shed

2 Replies
Last post July 23, 2011, 21:14
by Robert_S

Page created in 0.147 seconds with 33 queries.