can you help Please

• 5 Replies

adal

• Man Of the World
can you help Please
« on: April 29, 2010, 18:13 »
can you tell me please were can I get 7/8” Hexagonal bar and 7/8” Hexagonal tube I have a Honda f510 rotavator  and last week going to the garden there is pot hole’s just about all over with the wheel’s close together  if you hit a hole the rotavator will go to the left or right  I know you will say fill the hole’s in but you got car’s truck’s going up and down all day the road is not tarmac it’s more like hardcore the bar and tube is for to extend the wheels so it will not go over the bar and tube I would need is about six inches long. some time's i am like Ben Hur going to the garden.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2010, 19:04 by adal »

smud6ie

Re: can you help Please
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2010, 19:49 »
can you tell me please were can I get 7/8” Hexagonal bar and 7/8” Hexagonal tube I have a Honda f510 rotavator  and last week going to the garden there is pot hole’s just about all over with the wheel’s close together  if you hit a hole the rotavator will go to the left or right  I know you will say fill the hole’s in but you got car’s truck’s going up and down all day the road is not tarmac it’s more like hardcore the bar and tube is for to extend the wheels so it will not go over the bar and tube I would need is about six inches long. some time's i am like Ben Hur going to the garden.
Hi, you may be over complicating things by using hex.if you just want to extend the wheels for transport then you can use round tube that just slides over the circumference  of the top of the hexes then drill through and use a bolt which transfers the drive..then the same for the solid part that the wheel slides on but using solid round bar..If it does not make sense to you i can try and draw a diagram.
smud6ie

adal

• Man Of the World
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2010, 20:24 »
smud6ie you have made my day large tube over 7/8" drive drill and bolt small tube in to wheel drill and bolt. then drill and  bolt the two tubs together is this right

Bigbadfrankie

« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2010, 20:34 »
I used one inch tube and hex bar . I had to buy 3 meters of the stuff but the tiller looks good on wides
always have a target
and an objective.

smud6ie

« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2010, 20:38 »
smud6ie you have made my day large tube over 7/8" drive drill and bolt small tube in to wheel drill and bolt. then drill and  bolt the two tubs together is this right
In case I have misread,you also need a bolt through the large tube and original hex drive shaft to lock them together. as well.
smud6ie

adal

• Man Of the World
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2010, 21:18 »
thank you for your help

Page created in 0.131 seconds with 39 queries.