The seed potatoes are here!

• 7 Replies

New shoot

• Global Moderator
The seed potatoes are here!
« on: January 28, 2017, 08:56 »
I've overdone the ordering, but a lovely big box of seed spuds was waiting for me when I got in last night  :D  :D  :D

Time to play and set them up in the shed today.  Oh the excitement  :D  (I don't get out much  :lol:)

mumofstig

• Global Moderator
Re: The seed potatoes are here!
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2017, 09:06 »
MySpunta have been out in the brick lean-to for a bit over a week, the buds have just started to break, not received the Pentland Javelins yet though (although they were ordered first  ::) )

JayG

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2017, 10:04 »
Bought my Lady Christl seed spuds the day before yesterday, set them 'chits up' in a plastic tray yesterday.

Suitably inspired by the first 'growing' job of the year, I harvested the remaining cayenne peppers from my 4-year old plants and sowed a few seeds from them to produce some new plants.

Bought some new Golden Gourmet shallots too - 99p to 'fill a pot' - not a very big pot needless to say (managed to cram 15 in) and most of them had slight signs of blue mould around the base, but then so did the 'Taylors' GG shallots at £2.99 for a bag of 10.  :ohmy:

I'll see how they perform this year compared with the smaller ones from last year's poor harvest of the same type.
Sow your seeds, plant your plants. What's the difference? A couple of weeks or more when answering possible queries!

One of the best things about being an orang-utan is the fact that you don't lose your good looks as you get older

Growster...

« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2017, 10:59 »
We changed our minds yet again, and Mrs Growster went straight to the local GC and bought some Pentland Javelin seed, and I ordered some Annabelle from Marshalls, for some of their grow-Sacks!

Must say I'm impressed with these sacks, they seem pretty robust, and will probably need a half bag of compost, so they'd better work, otherwise they'll be very expensive spuds!

DIGGER

« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2017, 11:06 »
Oh it starts the year off doesn't it.
I decided to have a mix this year so I gave a bag of each :-Coleen,Arran pilot,pentlandite javelin,rocket,Nicola and Charlotte.
Hope I don't muddle them up like I did last year

compostqueen

« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2017, 14:18 »
Not got mine yet. I expect them shortly but our lotty assoc doesn't get them delivered if there is any frost as they know they will get complaints    I'd rather get them later than sooner and them be sprouting all over my utility  :D

snowdrops

« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2017, 15:24 »
Had mine 2 weeks or more , they're currently residing on the window ledge in the conservatory, all 94 of them😊
A woman's place is in her garden.

See my diary pages here
and add a comment here

Middlesexbloke

• Experienced Member
  • Always learning...usually the hard way!
« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2017, 19:14 »
Put most of mine out in egg boxes today, have over-ordered yet again! Charlotte will be the mainstay but am trying some different varieties: Sarpo Kifli, Vitelotte, Linzer Delikatess, Juliette and Cerisa. Anyone grown any of these?

xx
Supermarket potatoes using as seed potatoes

Started by Rotorvator on Grow Your Own

3 Replies
Last post March 10, 2024, 17:18
by snowdrops
xx
Seed potatoes

Started by sclarke624 on Grow Your Own

2 Replies
Last post July 23, 2008, 13:40
by sclarke624
xx
Seed potatoes

Started by maxie on Grow Your Own

23 Replies
Last post August 04, 2009, 16:47
by Greengirl
xx
seed potatoes

Started by containerman70 on Grow Your Own

6 Replies
Last post December 29, 2023, 21:18
by Yorkie

Page created in 0.315 seconds with 40 queries.