Weezy Hen.

• 5 Replies

yorkylover

Weezy Hen.
« on: September 27, 2010, 17:12 »
One of my hen's Hettie has been sort of weezy for a couple of weeks.She has this sort of gurgling sound when I pick her up,and she makes a sneezing sound.There is no discharge,she has been laying and eating,drinking.Today she has been eating but sort of standing in the corner of the pen,tail down ect.I wormed them last week.

Im worried about the gurgling sound,its like she has something in her throat and if I massage she makes a sneezing and coughing noise!!!!!!!! :ohmy:

Aunt Sally

• Administrator
  • Everyone's Aunty
Re: Weezy Hen.
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2010, 17:54 »
What treatment did you get for her when she started wheezing ?

Respiratory problems should not be ignored as the very seldom get better on their own.

What did you use as a wormer ?  If she has lung worms then only flubenvet will treat it and a double course is required.

Are there any other symptoms she has like blueness if the tips of her comb ?

yorkylover

« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2010, 23:50 »
I havent treated her for the weezing yet, she was treated with flubenvet due to be treated again tomorrow.

She was very well in her self until today.She has no other symptoms.

Aunt Sally

• Administrator
  • Everyone's Aunty
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2010, 10:25 »
I havent treated her for the weezing yet, she was treated with flubenvet due to be treated again tomorrow.

She was very well in her self until today.She has no other symptoms.

To clarify use of flubenvet as you said
I wormed them last week.

Flubenvet should be given for 7 consecutive days and in the case of lung worm for 10 - 14 days.

yorkylover

« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2010, 13:41 »
Thank you for advise.I actually looked on here about the flubenvet and gave it to there like some others here,a small dosage each in a grape.

Shall I do it for the 7 days in there feed?????????????? O god have I done something wrong.

I don't think they have worm's as they are healthy and well in themselves.Hettie has picked up today.

joyfull

• Monarch Engineering Ltd
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2010, 13:43 »
they should be given it for 7 days regardless of which method you use, the grape method whilst easy is not very accurate. To mix it in their feed is simple and the smaller chickens will eat less than the large girls thus treating them all to their correct amount  :)
Staffies are softer than you think.

Page created in 0.191 seconds with 30 queries.