Whaley Bridge

• 3 Replies

mrs bouquet

Whaley Bridge
« on: August 04, 2019, 11:33 »
I feel so sorry for the people there, who have had to move from their homes.   Severe flooding is still a threat to them.   I have just looked up the forecast for the area and it shows rain all next week, particularly heavy today.   I used to work all that area, and I suppose it brings it closer to home.
Whilst they are draining out thousands of gallons of water, I could use some of it my way.  Not that much though.
If it has affected you accept my sympathies.   Mrs Bouquet
Birds in cages do not sing  -  They are crying.

Goosegirl

Re: Whaley Bridge
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2019, 12:18 »
MB, having had our cottage flooded three times in the past at least the water was not racing through the front and out the back, unlike a nearby neighbour who lives right on the coast when there was a severe storm when the sea broke through her front windows so she opened her back door to let it out. My heart goes out to them but they seem so stoic and am sure they'll cope with whatever happens.   
I work very hard so don't expect me to think as well.

sunshineband

• Global Moderator
  • Tallest Sunflower prizewinner 2014
    • A Little Bit of Sunshine
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2019, 09:08 »
MY DIL's parents live there. They are still in their home as they are on a hill, hoping they don't get cut off though or have power failures.
Wisdom is knowing what to ignore - be comfortable in your own skin.
My Blog
My Diary
My Diary Comments

wapello

• Experienced Member
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2019, 20:48 »
Now's there chance to drain it dry, being an old dam get rid of it and build a new one, you can see
the cracks and weeds etc  growing up,
At least that would reasure the folks in that part of the country no matter what it cost iust pluggin the "gap"
not good enough,,,,
Colin

Page created in 0.153 seconds with 38 queries.