I am going to move ....

• 7 Replies

mrs bouquet

I am going to move ....
« on: May 31, 2020, 14:49 »
to an apartment.    Fed up today.   Grass has got sticky up bits,   I have just given a quick mow and all I got was dust.  Cannot sort out this greenhouse, this has been going on for 2 years.   Likewise, getting the Velux windows replaced.  The penstomen has got greenfly and half of the Sweet William seedlings haven't made it.
All the side of my shed has got daylight showing through where the wood has shrunk.   My new anti-fly door curtain which I put up this morning has fallen down.    I have spent a lot of this weekend on-line trying to buy a new hose-reel and hose, nobody has got any, all unavailable.   Need some more plant supports as the twigs are not available either that I used to use,   tree has been cut down !   I am bored and I don't know whether to try and go to Sainsbury and the G.C. tomorrow,  or just stay at home and sulk.     ???  Mrs Bouquet
Birds in cages do not sing  -  They are crying.

GraciesGran

Re: I am going to move ....
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2020, 15:19 »
Sulk and eat chocolate.

mumofstig

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2020, 15:44 »
Sulk and eat chocolate.
Yup! That usually works or a few too many glasses of vino colapso, cheers hic!  :D

Aunt Sally

• Administrator
  • Everyone's Aunty
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2020, 17:23 »
G&T or a PIMMS would be my prescription, Ms B. :nowink:

Goosegirl

« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2020, 11:53 »
MB. I so share your pain! We're currently trying to pack our stuff up to move house so the garden has hardly had any weeding etc. My advice is ma񡮡! Be kind to yourself, just forget what you had or wanted to do today and indulge in what you fancy. If you should happen to come across a virile hairy-chested man who does DIY jobs at a reasonable rate, please give him my regards. If he doesn't happen come up to scratch, may I suggest you apply a mixture of Friar's Balsam with some melted candle wax as it won't half take the shine off from the fake tan on his torso!  :lol: 
I work very hard so don't expect me to think as well.

mrs bouquet

« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2020, 14:08 »
and another thing,   my new neighbour must have a disease, he cannot stop, always doing things.   He and his mate have cleaned down the drives, including mine.  Lovely except they swept all the water and gunge down the drains in front of the garages.   Yesterday, I noticed a strong smell of rotten fish.   When I lifted one of the gullys, there was about two inches of thick sludge.   We are jointly responsible for the drains, so this morning at 8am, he and I were out lifting the tops and scooping out the gullys and then hosing it all through.   Everything that goes down the gullys goes into the main drain, which goes down the centre of my drive.  Now I know this shouldn't be, but it was like it before my time.  So I then popped out, and now I am back the fishy smell is still there,  I have done everything sink, basin, etc indoors, just in case !.   Zo-flora everywhere.  Now he has just cleaned down his garage door and fascia etc.  So his is sparkly, and mine is filthy.   I cannot keep up.    I have also just noticed that one of my flower-beds, all the plants have flopped.
They are not normally watered.   I got a new Gardena hose, reel and attachments this morning.  Now I am staring at it wondering how to put it together !!!!!
I am jst going to have another cuppa tea.    Only tea or water in my house, with one coffee at 4.30.  All black, cannot take milk.  I am so tired.    I think it must be physical and mental stress  ::) :D :unsure: 
But thank you for your kindwords.     I shall have to stop being intimidated by his DIY.     Mrs B

jezza

« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2020, 18:53 »
Hello what's the problem with your greenhouse? post the problem on here some one might be able to give advice  jezza

Goosegirl

« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2020, 12:04 »
MB. Unroll your new hose then lay it flat so the sun can warm it so it makes it more pliable to use, then it's like the birds and the bees (Mods, please refine this as you feel fit but I don't know how to put it any other way).
1) Find one end of the hose and a sort of female look-a-like hose attachment that has a plastic screw you need to unscrew, then you push it down the hose before attaching said hose end.
2) Hold the hose end firmly in one hand then twist the attachment until it feels firm.
3) Bring up the plastic screw then secure it clock-wise until all feels firmly fixed.
4) All you need is to find the male end which you then push into the female end until something clicks.
5) Attach it to your tap then turn it on, but ah! Have you got a connection that will fit onto your tap and is it leak-proof? If it is please let me know where you got it from!  :)

xx
How to move house?

Started by Goosegirl on Chatting on the Plot

3 Replies
Last post March 28, 2020, 21:02
by Growster...
xx
Want to move house? Think again!

Started by Goosegirl on Chatting on the Plot

10 Replies
Last post May 10, 2020, 22:00
by jezza

Page created in 0.146 seconds with 44 queries.