New M1 some help please

• 1 Replies

Coxey1979

New M1 some help please
« on: October 07, 2020, 19:43 »
I have been fortunate to be given a Mountfield M1, its the one with the clutch lever in the middle of the handle bars, not on the left. It has the carb on a metal fuel tank. Briggs and stratton engine model 100902-034901-7504-0206 frame 18585 no letter or paint on the plate.
It has had some renovations, new magneto, ht and plug. I think it has had a new carb gaskets and diaphragm and definitely had a new B&S square muffler that is just bolted on not screwed in to the threaded port.
I belive it's missing a spring or linkage.
It also has a leak somewhere under the engine and on one of the bearings on the drive axel.
I have been fortunate enough to grab a nos complete gasket set.
The help I need is I do t know what M1 I have, the manuals on this site is for the clutch on the handle.
According to the M1 manuals the bearing is rls8 is it the same for mine?
Am I missing a spring / linkage?
What colour code / name is the red?
Can I get a "tin can" muffler? The square one is dropping soot etc on to the deck?
If I could get a mower deck can I use it and do I unscrew the long nut that is in front of the depth bar?
I've attached photos of the carb.
Edit won't allow me to upload from phone will try laptop tomorrow

Thank you

jezza

Re: New M1 some help please
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2020, 17:50 »
Hello can you attach some photos of the engine and the bolt you mention ,usually theres a knob on the front of the machine that disconnects the engine and handle bars lift off to go on to a mower deck   jezza

Page created in 0.141 seconds with 38 queries.