san marzano tomato, mutant?

• 3 Replies

SUTTY1

• Pumpkin Champion 2010 / Super Winner of the Tallest Sunflower Competition 2011
  • Experienced Member
san marzano tomato, mutant?
« on: July 08, 2011, 22:40 »
These are growing in a greenhouse border along-side harbinger and gardeners delight that are both growing normal. They were all started from seed at the same time.

The sm's are growing weirdly. They have leaves or part leaves grow on the end off flower trusses and between the flowers. Single flowers growing from between the individual fingers off the leaves. Side shouts growing from anywhere along the leaves or flower trusses (not just the joints with the main stem)

Not too concerned as folliage looks healthy and fruit is setting and growing. Have seen a leaf growing from end off flower truss in the past and believed it was due to stress but would like to know if anyone has any idea why these are so freakish :mellow:

mumofstig

• Global Moderator
Re: san marzano tomato, mutant?
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2011, 22:46 »
mine are similar.............I'm just picking off anything that's growing where it shouldn't  :D

As I've got good trusses of flowers setting in the right places, like you - I wasn't too worried about the ones in the wrong places  ;)

I always blame the weather when strange things happen :blush:

shokkyy

• Mishka
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2011, 01:06 »
Ooh, I've got some San Marzano growing outside. I hadn't noticed anything particularly weird about them, but now you've mentioned it I'll give them a good checking over tomorrow and report back.

SUTTY1

• Pumpkin Champion 2010 / Super Winner of the Tallest Sunflower Competition 2011
  • Experienced Member
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2011, 00:33 »
I've got 1 in a pot outside, in a bucket, although a bit behind growing normallly. What new experiences the obvious climate changes are throwing up for us veg growers this year,lol,  ;)

xx
Tomato San Marzano

Started by Geordie on Grow Your Own

3 Replies
Last post July 16, 2012, 10:43
by davesellars
xx
san marzano tomato

Started by mumofstig on Grow Your Own

3 Replies
Last post May 24, 2009, 16:07
by Sharonx
xx
San Marzano Tomato - yellowing / deformed leaves developing

Started by ben on Grow Your Own

8 Replies
Last post May 29, 2009, 12:05
by diggerjoe
clip
Mutant tomato plant?

Started by SethL on Grow Your Own

3 Replies
Last post July 27, 2021, 14:36
by SethL

Page created in 0.324 seconds with 37 queries.