1 (1.4%)

Total Members Voted: 64

Have you started chitting?

• 32 Replies

Gwiz

Re: Have you started chitting?
« Reply #30 on: February 10, 2009, 05:15 »
I've never chitted a potato.
I take them out of the net bag they come in, and plant them in the ground around about easter.
We've never had any problem with getting a load of good spuds that way.
Last year, despite the problems with contaminated manure, we still had heaps of 'em.

Duracell

• www.nrsarescue.org
« Reply #31 on: February 10, 2009, 12:26 »
Well I think I have found a great potatoe sack so I am gonna start off my rocket in a cool place now I reccon.

By the way the sack was from the poundshop I just have to check it will be deep enough ,if not I can grow carrots n stuff in it. it is a 60 litre garden bag woven PE, rot resistant 42x42x34cm

r1bazza

« Reply #32 on: February 10, 2009, 13:14 »
[quote author=Etherelda link=topic=30483.msg366119#msg366119 date=1234208177

What else did you order? I got mine from tuckers, I ordered Charlottes, Maris Pipers and Arran Pilots, and lots of other random seeds. I must check the sack, they started to chit, they were in my office for 2 days, I cleverly got them delivered to work, when I ordered, I was driving to work. Then I started cycling and getting train to work. Not so clever. Had to lug them home by fern power. They have slowed down now, they are in the conservertory.

P.s I love what you did with your steel cage. You should take some pics and post those as a good idea for others!

We have Valor and Pink Fir Apple pots,onions and shallots to come,already have the seeds we ordered at the same time(early Jan).

I've been getting the train too and using the push-bike but the pots are to be delivered at home so no probs there.

Ah yes the cage ::);the roof was going to be free-standing but there was a design fault :D so what you see is something called a 'bodge'.The roof itself my not be big enough as it hasn't seemed to collect too much water yet,we'll give it a bit more time to see how much more it collects.

[/quote]
Once upon a time I could control myself

xx
Chitting

Started by Kajazy on Grow Your Own

17 Replies
Last post May 20, 2012, 17:26
by Paul Plots
xx
chitting

Started by m1ckz on Grow Your Own

7 Replies
Last post February 24, 2010, 22:31
by DD.
xx
Chitting.

Started by A Reyt Tayty on Grow Your Own

3 Replies
Last post March 19, 2012, 09:45
by DD.
xx
Right you lot, get chitting !

Started by Kleftiwallah on Grow Your Own

40 Replies
Last post February 25, 2012, 12:29
by Nikkithefoot

Page created in 0.394 seconds with 38 queries.