Another tomato one - sorry!

• 4 Replies

sharky

• Experienced Member
« on: August 20, 2008, 14:14 »
Hi,

I planted cherry tomatoes in buckets that are outdoors and planted six of the same plants in grow bags in the greenhouse. The plants that are outdoors have fruited up, but the ones in the greenhouse have not! However the plants in the greenhouse have hundreds of very strong flowers on them, and I suspect they have not fruited as the door has been closed all the time, could this be the reason? Also I have now opened the door but do they still have time to set fruit are ripen? Anything more I can do?  :roll:

regards.

SalJ1980

« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2008, 15:16 »
Hi sharky, although mine have started to ripen they are still flowering and setting fruit, so I would imagine there's still time, especially if we have an indian summer (I've got my fingers crossed anyway!). They've probably not pollinated if the door's been closed, but you can DIY with a small soft-bristled paintbrush - that's what I've had to do with mine as I have a very nosy cat and have to keep the door closed too!
Sal

Organic...so far!

gobs

« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2008, 14:24 »
Give them a little tap every now and then in way of pollination, most cherries shall fruit indoors well into the autumn.
"Words... I know exactly what words I'm wanting to say, but somehow or other they is always getting squiff-squiddled around." R Dahl

Plottered

• Still on the same list!
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2008, 11:41 »
mine have been so slow to fruit (greenhouse) but at last i can see them starting to fruit up and im hoping for a nice crop in September. I dont suppose the weather has helped at all but heres hoping.
R.I.P Bobby Smiler Smith......love you always little fella.

mashbintater

• Experienced Member
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2008, 22:24 »
I've mainly green toms and today harvested 3 ripe ones, a san marzano, a golden sunrise and a gardeners delight. No st pierre ripe yet. Still lots of flowers, some died off, others strong. All outdoors.

xx
rich tomato, poor tomato

Started by missmoneypenny on Grow Your Own

2 Replies
Last post June 15, 2013, 20:03
by mumofstig
xx
tomato

Started by m1ckz on Grow Your Own

6 Replies
Last post November 12, 2013, 12:50
by NickoV
xx
First red tomato?

Started by purplebean on Grow Your Own

17 Replies
Last post August 11, 2010, 10:31
by Bev
xx
tomato

Started by m1ckz on Grow Your Own

2 Replies
Last post May 21, 2013, 10:42
by toasted

Page created in 0.431 seconds with 34 queries.