Blueberry bush ID

• 4 Replies

Lardman

Blueberry bush ID
« on: May 22, 2017, 14:17 »
There's been a labelling incident ... You know the one where the plastic labels disappear and the pen on the tag fades to nothing.

Is there any way to identify my 5 bushes or shall I settle with calling them Matthew, Mark, Luke, John and Bob.   :nowink:

simonwatson

Re: Blueberry bush ID
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2017, 14:54 »
If you know what they might be, then I'd just name them based on when they flower/fruit, in order from earliness to lateness.

New shoot

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2017, 08:25 »
That is going to be a tricky one.  When you see several varieties together, there are some differences in growth habits - some taller and more spreading, others more compact.  The leaves and fruit all look pretty much identical.

As has been said, the only other identifier might be whether they are early, mid or late season.

They all taste good, so why not just have Bob the blueberry bush and friends  ;)  :)

TheWhiteRabbit

• Experienced Member
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2017, 09:23 »
I'd wait until they fruit and then label them Tasty, Really Tasty, Delicious, Juicy and Wantmore.

Lardman

« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2017, 13:31 »
They're all pretty much tall and spindly and those in pots are refusing to set fruit again which makes the season comparison difficult.

Going over my email history I bought them from Jparkes back in 2009 as part of their all season collection, helpfully they don't list the varieties on the order >:(

I know there's supposed to be a spartan,  dixie ,  patriot and a goldtraube in there but Im stuck on the last; I don't think it was top hat there's certainly nothing 2ft tall everything is 4ft +.

xx
Blueberry bush??

Started by casper on Grow Your Own

4 Replies
Last post March 31, 2013, 05:56
by parsley
xx
Blueberry bush

Started by mdjlucan on Grow Your Own

2 Replies
Last post March 21, 2024, 10:26
by Snow
xx
blueberry bush

Started by jon_mac on Grow Your Own

14 Replies
Last post May 09, 2009, 14:17
by karooba007
xx
Blueberry bush

Started by MoreWhisky on Grow Your Own

6 Replies
Last post May 09, 2009, 21:13
by Yorkie

Page created in 0.317 seconds with 36 queries.