Chervil herb

• 2 Replies

sclarke624

Chervil herb
« on: August 09, 2008, 16:26 »
Tasted fresh Chervil (mr fothergills - simple) apparently also called Gourmet parsley.

YUM

Really nice and surprised at taste.  Dried tastes nothing like fresh so I have heard.  The French use it a lot and use in 'fines herbes' with tarragon, chives and parsley.  Love tarragon as well.  I Buy dried Taragon though.  My chives were a bit bland when tasted them.

Anyway highly recommend Herb Chervil, sweet taste with slight aniseed flavour.
Sheila
unowho
Guess I'm organic until I ever need to inorganic

compostqueen

Chervil herb
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2008, 17:51 »
I prefer flat leaf parsley meself, bit more robust. I think my tastebuds are shot so I can't taste chervil  :D

I buy lots of dried tarragon so fancy buying a French one to I can dry my own. Got a Russian one but they're not in the same league taste wise as the French.  I like tarragon in pumpkin soup  :D

I use a lot of herbs so growing them makes sense.  I have loads of chives but they got rust so they've all had a hair cut.  Some herbs taste better in hot dry weather, wonder if the same can be said of chives  :?

sclarke624

Chervil herb
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2008, 18:39 »
I wanted to grow tarragon, decided agaisnt it but can't remember why now had something to do with the russian french thing.  Have a feeling the french tarrangon was hard to find. ahh here you go found this link:
http://www.gardenaction.co.uk/fruit_veg_diary/fruit_veg_mini_project_october_3_tarragon.asp
Also think it grows quite tall, for my one raised bed and container growing, would be nice though.

I got some plain leaved parsley but didn't grow it this year yet.  Think its the same as flat leaved don't know.

Splashed out and bought Let's Grow Veg which was £7.99.  10 free packets of seed, which was worth it for me cos was gonna buy most of those seeds anyway.  There was: Lemon Basil, Dill, Chervil, Wild Rocket, Plain leaved Parsley, Chives, French Breakfast Radish, White lisbon spring onions, mixed lettuce leaves and lambs lettuce.

xx
Chervil

Started by Kajazy on Grow Your Own

5 Replies
Last post April 30, 2012, 18:59
by tosca100
xx
Herb help please

Started by Cazzy on Grow Your Own

13 Replies
Last post March 04, 2010, 13:42
by madcat
xx
Herb Bed

Started by teabelly on Grow Your Own

9 Replies
Last post March 21, 2012, 20:48
by Ice
xx
is there a herb.......

Started by chili on Grow Your Own

12 Replies
Last post July 18, 2010, 21:39
by Madame Cholet

Page created in 0.294 seconds with 39 queries.