Why can't things be simple for once.

• 6 Replies

Goosegirl

Why can't things be simple for once.
« on: September 10, 2023, 13:05 »
We order from Waitrose but found that we can get M&S foods via Ocado - deepjoy - as some of their ready meals are really good and not too pricey. Went on-line, filled my basket, went to change payment details - NO. Had to log in, but don't have an account with Ocado. OK, went through the faff of "change password" because M&S were using one from goodness knows where. Got the email, had to load up my basket again because all the items in had disappeared. Went to My Account to put payment details in then went to check delivery address - nope, it was our previous address. Tried to alter it - nope. They're having a web site refurbishment of some sorts and wouldn't accept our current postcode. Der!  :wacko: 
I work very hard so don't expect me to think as well.

Lardman

Re: Why can't things be simple for once.
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2023, 13:15 »
They're 2 different companies so your M&S info wont be transferred to ocado,

Ocado do silly things with cookies, it give you access to some aspects without the need to login but other bits you need to login first, if I remember there's a dead end after a timeout on the delivery slot.-The site seems fine to me, not down for admin or anything. I usually find going back to the home page (properly by typing it in) and logging into my account and then selecting the slot everything stays happy.

They have a postcode checker here https://www.ocado.com/webshop/postcodeCheck.do
« Last Edit: September 10, 2023, 13:16 by Lardman »

wighty

« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2023, 17:29 »
I know GG your circumstances are different to mine but I refuse to us 'shop and drop' type services,  I like to chose which carrot, joint of meat etc ., I buy rather than some unknown person.   I can understand all the frustrations of using these services though as I am not very computer savvy and can push the 'wrong' button.

Goosegirl

« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2023, 12:29 »
They're 2 different companies so your M&S info wont be transferred to ocado,
They have a postcode checker here https://www.ocado.com/webshop/postcodeCheck.do
No, my M&S info was just for them as I've never used Ocado before.  >:(

Goosegirl

« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2023, 11:18 »
Got a phone call from Ocado and they've done it for me - yo! I know what you mean about choosing the veg and fruit you want and that's what we used to do but now we don't have a choice as my husband has multi-system atrophy (MSA) so it's either order on-line or go to the local Co-op in the village as I don't drive either. Waitrose's have been very good especially in the ready meals but I miss some of M&S's from the past. 

Growster...

« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2023, 18:46 »
Yup, M and S used to have some pretty good ready-meals, (They seem to have stopped the multi-pizzas), but it seems illogical to drive to Tunbridge Wells at 25p a mile, and think we're getting value for money!

Goosey, get an electric bike and go further than the village! Surely you could do Lancaster and back? Sainbury's is only a few miles, and you'd get fitter than you are already!

Let me know which bike you want, and we'll start to haggle with them!

;0)

JayG

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2023, 21:10 »
Sooo negative!  :ohmy:

It used to take at least half an hour in a phone queue to not get a same day doctor's appointment, but thanks to online technology I can now achieve exactly the same outcome in about 10 minutes. Result!  :unsure:  :lol:
« Last Edit: September 13, 2023, 21:16 by JayG »
Sow your seeds, plant your plants. What's the difference? A couple of weeks or more when answering possible queries!

One of the best things about being an orang-utan is the fact that you don't lose your good looks as you get older

xx
It used to be so simple.

Started by Goosegirl on Chatting on the Plot

9 Replies
Last post May 28, 2020, 12:12
by Goosegirl
xx
A simple question...

Started by Kleftiwallah on Chatting on the Plot

11 Replies
Last post November 06, 2023, 20:25
by snowdrops
xx
A simple project for a hot day.

Started by Kleftiwallah on Chatting on the Plot

6 Replies
Last post August 04, 2021, 15:11
by Kleftiwallah
xx
Simple Upgrade for Sky Receiver?

Started by coldandwindy on Chatting on the Plot

8 Replies
Last post January 13, 2024, 15:05
by coldandwindy

Page created in 0.16 seconds with 41 queries.