Have you had Covid

• 63 Replies

Yorkie

• Global Moderator
Re: Have you had Covid
« Reply #15 on: March 21, 2022, 18:45 »
I think I'm clear of it so far, unless there were no symptoms.

Went for a PCR yesterday as I had a few possible symptoms, but the result is luckily negative. Family in Brussels have had it twice, and I'm losing count of the number of times my yoga teacher has cancelled or substituted classes owing to covid in her household.
I try to take one day at a time, but sometimes several days all attack me at once...

wighty

« Reply #16 on: March 21, 2022, 20:46 »
We've stayed clear of it as well here but we are in a bit of a 'bubble' and not as exposed as the Mainland.  Both my daughters  on the mainland have had it.  Fortunately after being vaccinated, so only a  mild cold like symptom.  That's the way I'd like it to stay.  Unfortunately it is on the Island, Alice over the road is only in High School two days a week as 22 of the teachers are all isolating.

bayleaf

• Experienced Member
« Reply #17 on: March 21, 2022, 21:23 »
Mrs Bayleaf and I have escaped so far. I fear it's only a matter of time as we are going out and about doing our normal activities.

Offwego

• Experienced Member
« Reply #18 on: March 21, 2022, 21:49 »
Yes we both had it Christmas before last , I’m still left with a annoying cough similar to a smokers cough

mower man

« Reply #19 on: March 23, 2022, 15:51 »
Yes I had it over Christmas and new year

Christmas night and boxing day night were the worst
all I could swallow was ice cream
You may be only one person in the world,  but you may also be the world to one person.

John

• Administrator
    • Low Cost Living
« Reply #20 on: March 23, 2022, 17:28 »
Yes we both had it Christmas before last , I’m still left with a annoying cough similar to a smokers cough
At the price of ciggies nowadays, who can afford a real smoker's cough?
(sorry, shouldn't be flippant really - hope it clears soon for you)
Check out our books - ideal presents

John and Val Harrison's Books

bayleaf

• Experienced Member
« Reply #21 on: March 27, 2022, 19:02 »
Thank goodness for vaccines. Looked after grandson Monday. He tested positive Tuesday afternoon after coming home from school. Mrs Bayleaf and I are still clear.

New shoot

• Global Moderator
« Reply #22 on: March 27, 2022, 19:29 »
Mrs Bayleaf and I are still clear.

Fingers crossed you both stay well Bayleaf.

bayleaf

• Experienced Member
« Reply #23 on: April 22, 2022, 07:18 »
Alas Mrs Bayleaf has succumbed. She has had it for ten days. Clear now and recovering. I'm the last man standing.

Hampshire Hog

« Reply #24 on: April 22, 2022, 09:15 »
Sorry to hear Mrs Bayleaf has succumbed. Just as well we have vaccines. Clearly shows the great danger of looking after grandchildren. But Mrs Hog tells me I enjoy it.  Spent yesterday taking ours to the coast as daughter was tearing her hair out after two weeks of the 5 year old at home for Easter. Lovely sunny weather but with very few people showing any concern over Covid when in restaurants etc.
Keep digging

John

• Administrator
    • Low Cost Living
« Reply #25 on: April 22, 2022, 09:57 »
Alas Mrs Bayleaf has succumbed. She has had it for ten days. Clear now and recovering. I'm the last man standing.
Great to read that she's recovering. You keep standing!

jaydig

« Reply #26 on: April 23, 2022, 23:47 »
We've had it, although because my hubby has been really ill we haven't been anywhere at all other than the surgery, and I've only been there with him, or to the chemist to collect his prescriptions. When we've been to these two places we've both worn masks and used hand gels, so I don't know how or where we picked it up from. Perhaps I should say I picked it up because I was the first with symptoms, which I thought were just a cold with a very painful throat for a day or two. Hubby only had symptoms for 24 hrs.  Our son brought test kits round for us after a few days and hubby still tested positive, although I was negative.  We were very grateful to have had the three jabs that almost certainly saved us from far worse symptoms.

lettice

« Reply #27 on: April 24, 2022, 08:54 »
No one in our family or even extended family or any close friends or neighbours have had it.
We were and still are being over careful, keeping distance and wear masks in shops and indoor non-home places etc. Plus wear masks and keep distance when meeting others we do not know outside and especially at home with visitors like builders, workmen etc.
All our delivery guys from Asda, Morrisons and Waitrose all still wear masks, so can have a brief chat with them on the doorstep. But do not allow them into the house to carry the goods through to the hallway or kitchen, as if they are not the regulars they do ask if we would like them to.

I use to use the local buses a fair bit before the pandemic (mainly short journeys to keep off the heavier rain, rather than walking in it), but have not been back on one since the start of the pandemic and will probably not for sometime.
Also none of us have yet contemplated going back to any hospitality establishments, cinema or theatre events that we did do occasionally before the pandemic. The thought of inside contact is really not on our radar. Mind, not really missed them at all, so maybe good for the wallet in the long run.
Have attended a few outdoor events, but still wear masks and keep distance.

mrs bouquet

« Reply #28 on: April 24, 2022, 14:54 »
Me to, very cautious.   Mrs Bouquet
Birds in cages do not sing  -  They are crying.

GraciesGran

« Reply #29 on: May 12, 2022, 07:12 »
Tested positive yesterday.  No symptoms except for a ghastly headache, wouldn't have tested except friend at the plot said that was her only symptom earlier in the year .

xx
Do you know anyone that has gotten the COVID jab yet?

Started by Subversive_plot on Chatting on the Plot

115 Replies
Last post May 30, 2021, 13:39
by Aunt Sally
xx
Covid-19 Scam

Started by Blewit on Chatting on the Plot

2 Replies
Last post January 14, 2021, 14:31
by jezza
xx
Have the swallows got Covid 19?

Started by AlaninCarlisle on Chatting on the Plot

10 Replies
Last post May 16, 2020, 13:52
by wighty
xx
Covid 19 Vaccine

Started by mrs bouquet on Chatting on the Plot

31 Replies
Last post December 12, 2020, 01:35
by John

Page created in 0.123 seconds with 52 queries.