How much????

• 2 Replies

Pretty Chick

How much????
« on: August 01, 2010, 09:28 »
I have 19 chickens. How much flubenvet should I give them?

I have two chicks who are 6 weeks and still with mum in a separate enclosure. Should we give some to them too? If so how much?

The cockerel is on his own in another enclosure. How much should I give him?

Sorry for the silly questions :blush:
Many thanks
All lives are precious.

Tazzy

• Experienced Member
Re: How much????
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2010, 09:48 »
Hi PC. Don't know about the youngsters (there's another couple of similar posts about 6 week olds that I'm really interested in as well), but when I give mine Flubenvet, I do it using grapes. Cut them in half, partially lift out some of the flesh and put in some powder. I normally use the handle end of a teaspoon and gather up a small heap on it, pop that onto the grape and press the flesh back down. To make sure that they each get the same amount, I just give them out one at a time and lift the dosed ones out of the pen. Doesn't take long, the grapes vanish in a flash and you know that they've all had the same amount. Done this for a couple of years now and not had any worm problems, try and do mine evry 6 months. (hope you're feeling better now by the way) :)

Pretty Chick

Re: How much????
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2010, 10:03 »
Thank you Tazzy, that sounds like a great way to give it to them because they each have the same amount and will happily take it :) Thanks again for taking the time to tell me about it :)
(hope you're feeling better now by the way) :)

Thank you Tazzy, it's very kind of you to say that :) Yes, I am feeling better :)
« Last Edit: August 01, 2010, 10:05 by Pretty Chick »

Page created in 0.215 seconds with 38 queries.