Mystery pic competition...

• 40 Replies

mrs bouquet

Re: Mystery pic competition...
« Reply #30 on: June 29, 2018, 19:30 »
Hamstergbert, I don't know what you are on, but can I have some please.   Why can't I think up stuff like your ideas.  :wacko: :wacko: :wacko: Mrs Bouquet
Birds in cages do not sing  -  They are crying.

Goosegirl

« Reply #31 on: July 01, 2018, 14:01 »
… because you are not on the same medication as Hamsters! Here's some more suggestions from GG's very tired brain:-
1) A dog whistle for asthmatics. Tie some string onto either end of the wooden bit, loop the rest round the hooks, then hold the contraption by the hooks and whizz it around your head. If your dog runs away it needs re-tuning. If you don't have a dog but other people's suddenly come a'running, wang it over the nearest tree branch and use it like a ladder as a means of escape.
2) A splint for a three-legged animal available in three different lengths.
3) A pain reliever before anaesthetics were introduced, though biting through it was not recommended if you hadn't had regular dental examinations.
4) A swing for Hamsters when he gets fed up with his wheel.
5) The remnants from an Ikea self-assemble deckchair.
6) A temporary reed-replacement part for a church organ pipe.
7) A spirit level for wonky houses.
8) A pack of two environmentally-friendly pencils (i.e. lead free).
9) A prototype for a new version of Pooh Sticks.
10) A medieval dousing instrument.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2018, 14:03 by Goosegirl »
I work very hard so don't expect me to think as well.

mrs bouquet

« Reply #32 on: July 01, 2018, 16:01 »
 :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: At least all of those things  ;)
But if it is anything to do with Carpal Tunnel, I need to know, got to go for another jab in mine tomorrow.
Mrs Bouquet

Goosegirl

« Reply #33 on: July 02, 2018, 13:09 »
I've scoured the internet for tunnels and found lots of names like Dartford, Chipping Sodbury and Mersey but there's nothing about Carpel and why it needs jabbing is beyond me, so I had another dig and yo! Now I understand what this alien device could be. Looking at the risk factors for this condition I think we can rule out pregnancy as a contributing factor, so it is reasonable to assume our dear Mr G has repetitive strain injury from lifting too many pints resulting in him spilling part of the contents. Not a good idea if he was wearing light-coloured trousers at the time. If this ingenious contraption was some sort of a splint which was tied around the base of the wrist and/or fingers, the hooks would fit neatly onto his beer mug to prevent any more unnecessary laundry bills.

Growster...

« Reply #34 on: July 02, 2018, 13:44 »
Well, thank you everyone for a couple of weeks of hilarity!

Loved all the comments and suggestions, so to put everyone out of their misery (about time  - Ed), here's the answer!

It's a contraption which folds over the handle of a normal trug basket, and turns the holding position by 90 degrees. the two wire pairs of hooks just slip over the ends of the wooden handle, and you can therefore walk with your hand in the correct position, i.e. in line with your walk forward.

A few years ago, we found that carrying a trug in the conventional way, meant turning the wrist 90 degrees into an uncomfortable position when carting stuff too and fro, so I just made this as a rough idea and liked it so much I haven't changed it!

The Carpal Tunnel reference was really there to make a clue as it really does help that particular part...

The pic shows the item - 'Growstrughanger - Mark 1' and the tincture goes to all of you for either a correct answer, (Snows and Hamsters for the right answer, and Goosey for the H and S comment and Mrs Bouquet for the cake reference...) and a damn good laugh! Thank you!
DSCN8564.JPG

mrs bouquet

« Reply #35 on: July 02, 2018, 14:22 »
Well, what a damn good idea, Trugs are like that and so are some woven old fashioned shopping baskets.
You're in Kent, patent it, and make a fortune.  Excellent, and its been such fun, regards Mrs Bouquet

Goosegirl

« Reply #36 on: July 03, 2018, 12:26 »
Mmm, damn clever idea! He'll be sat there now making them by the thousand and rubbing his hands with glee however, because I'm slightly paranoid (who said that?) I noted he's got a Mark 2 in mind so something isn't quite up to scratch with Mark 1. My advice it not to rush out and buy one or you'll be SOOORRRY!!  :nowink:

Goosegirl

« Reply #37 on: July 05, 2018, 14:53 »
PS, Growster - PLEEEEEEZZZZEEEE can we have another one?

snowdrops

« Reply #38 on: July 06, 2018, 07:03 »
Very clever, & yay I got it right but i thought the other answers were far more ingenious than mine, made me feel very boring 😂
A woman's place is in her garden.

See my diary pages here
and add a comment here

Growster...

« Reply #39 on: July 06, 2018, 19:23 »
Very clever, & yay I got it right but i thought the other answers were far more ingenious than mine, made me feel very boring 😂

Snows, you are never boring; I love your posts, and you must never give up making your comments!

Oh, come here and have a hug!

snowdrops

« Reply #40 on: July 06, 2018, 22:35 »
Ahh thanks Mr G. Feeling warm & loved 😊

xx
I've Won a Competition

Started by mrs bouquet on Chatting on the Plot

5 Replies
Last post January 15, 2020, 16:01
by MrsPea
xx
A competition

Started by jezza on Chatting on the Plot

52 Replies
Last post August 23, 2022, 16:30
by Growster...
xx
Potato-competition/blight.

Started by sebsands on Chatting on the Plot

4 Replies
Last post September 03, 2021, 13:44
by JayG
xx
Win ALL of John's books PLUS 10 packs of Suttons Seeds! Competition Time

Started by Caralou on Chatting on the Plot

0 Replies
Last post July 05, 2022, 08:36
by Caralou

Page created in 0.137 seconds with 50 queries.