Stopped laying

• 1 Replies

newChickenMummy

• Experienced Member
Stopped laying
« on: May 28, 2010, 21:52 »
Hi  ::)

One of my girlies has stopped laying completely. About a month ago she laid a very soft egg in the night and then did the same about a week ago. Otherwise nothing. I'm not bothered about the eggs but just worried there's something wrong with her  :ohmy:

They did have lice a few months ago which took quite a while to get rid of - we used frontline in the end.

She's about 14 months old now, she seems fine in herself although she's always been a little quieter than the other two. Before she laid the soft egg she seemed very subdued but fine the next day.

I wormed them in March with Flubenvet and they get dusted once a week with diatom. The lice have gone and no red mite or anything.

She doesn't seem to be moulting and is eating and drinking ok. Any ideas?

henamoured

• Experienced Member
Re: Stopped laying
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2010, 00:40 »
What are you feeding them? When mine slowed down laying (apart from the odd eggless day which you normally expect), I put them on strict rations of layers pellets 1 cabbage in a string bag and a tiny bit of corm late afternoon. Keep this regime up until they start laying again - it  seems to galvinise them back into a good laying routine within a day or two. I've also noticed that if you try and keep to a roughly the same routine each day (when they are let out, when you give them cabbage and corn etc) that seems to help them.
If that doesn't hekp you might try a bit of garlic, ginger, fresh mint and natural live yoghurt - all seems to perk them up if they are looking a bit under the weather.
Hope this helps.

xx
My newly-laying pullets have suddenly stopped laying!

Started by Lindeggs on The Hen House

4 Replies
Last post July 31, 2011, 07:44
by New shoot
question
stopped laying

Started by Marianne on The Hen House

1 Replies
Last post July 16, 2010, 20:32
by Yorkie
xx
stopped laying

Started by raaaymond on The Hen House

4 Replies
Last post August 17, 2008, 21:07
by raaaymond
xx
Hen stopped laying

Started by dugless on The Hen House

3 Replies
Last post August 20, 2012, 21:00
by joyfull

Page created in 0.266 seconds with 38 queries.