Lawn Feed/Weed

• 3 Replies

mrs bouquet

Lawn Feed/Weed
« on: April 06, 2023, 13:37 »
I have just found a bottle of liquid seaweed lawn feed, but it is not a weed killer as well.  I think I had better buy  a bottle of the weed/feed, preferably granules, then I can see where I am going with it.   Any preferred make please, and can I use the seaweed feed on plants/tubs and at what dilute.  Thanks,  Mrs Bouquet
Birds in cages do not sing  -  They are crying.

Subversive_plot

• Global Moderator
Re: Lawn Feed/Weed
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2023, 19:53 »
For any such product that you might use for a purpose outside it's intended use, I would contact the manufacturer and ask them about alternative uses.  The label usually has contact information on it.  Better safe than sorry.

Someone on this board that knows your locally-available products might be a better source of information on weed and feed.
"Somewhere between right and wrong, there is a garden. I will meet you there."~ Rumi

jezza

« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2023, 22:03 »
Hello check the label it will tell you the advice you need to know,if it says a lawn feed it will probably be a high nitrogen formula eg 11 6 6 which is high nitrogen, was always taught to treat lawns with 2 separate processes first use a general fertilizer growmore 777 at 1/2 oz to square yard leave a week or 2 to make grass stronger then go over it with a selective herbicide(Verdone )I've always done lawn weed and feed this way and it works,when I was taught by a Master grounds man there was no such thing as a weed and feed product  it may take longer to get rid of the weeds in the lawn but its worth it more effective and some times cheaper   jezza

Subversive_plot

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2023, 00:50 »
Jezza, my experience with weed n feed is those products work on some weeds but not everything.

I like your advice better. Get the grass stronger with a good fertilizer, then treat for weeds later on.

xx
fed lawn weed and feed-now what?

Started by mrs bouquet on General Gardening

3 Replies
Last post July 20, 2008, 19:52
by gobs
xx
Lawn Weed, Feed, Mosskiller ?

Started by mrs bouquet on General Gardening

2 Replies
Last post April 21, 2019, 17:50
by Hobovore
xx
Lawn feed

Started by Frog on General Gardening

7 Replies
Last post March 10, 2011, 19:46
by Frog
xx
lawn feed recommendations?

Started by rookie1 on General Gardening

9 Replies
Last post June 05, 2014, 17:51
by fatcat1955

Page created in 0.15 seconds with 38 queries.