Laptop screen lighting

• 9 Replies

mrs bouquet

Laptop screen lighting
« on: March 15, 2020, 13:06 »
My screen has started to go a bit dim sometimes.    If I jiggle the wire that connects it to the plug socket, it comes bright again.    Do I need a new connecting wire - or something.  Thanks,  Mrs Bouquet
Birds in cages do not sing  -  They are crying.

New shoot

• Global Moderator
Re: Laptop screen lighting
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2020, 18:28 »
You might do.  It sounds like it is going into power saving mode, which would suggest that cable is not conducting enough electricity.  The connection into your laptop is probably a bit shot.

mrs bouquet

« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2020, 22:30 »
Thanks for  confirming my thought.   I guess I shall have to get a new one , where do I get that, can be a general one that will be compatible ?     
The dimness if like when you work off-line for a while.    Thanks  Mrs Bouquet

grinling

« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2020, 23:38 »
Try control panel, power options as an update can reset dim controls

New shoot

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2020, 11:13 »
I guess I shall have to get a new one , where do I get that, can be a general one that will be compatible ?     

They are pretty standard, but if you are not sure, you can go somewhere that sells laptops and tell them the make and model you have.  They should be able to find you the right thing.  Take the old one along so you can see it looks the same on the ends  ;)

mrs bouquet

« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2020, 12:50 »
After we spoke, I went on line and found the exact one.  I order and paid through pay-pal, and the order has been confirmed.    Hope it comes soon, the screen is now flickering at me.    regards and thanks Mrs Bouquet

mrs bouquet

« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2020, 10:55 »
After we last spoke the laptop has sort of given up.    IT is flickering so badly, I cannot use it.    I feel bereft.
I think there might be an email on there telling me the cable is not available.   Not sure now.  I paid by PayPal will I get my money back ?    MEanwhile, I have had to call the computer tutor again.   HE is coming this afternoon.   IF it's a bad thing, he can take it away and get it fixed.     NOt very happy using this iPad, the things are too small for my arthritic fingers.    😳    MRs Bouquet

DanielCoffey

« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2020, 13:03 »
Mrs B - remember the iPad has Accessibility options that can increase sizes on the screen.

In Settings - Display and Brightness - Text Size there is a slider with 7 stops on it. I have mine set towards the bigger side in position 5.

In Settings - Accessibility there are options for Zoom  as well as Display and Text Size but I have not used them myself. You may find a website offering advice on setting them up for your preference.

New shoot

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2020, 12:10 »
After we last spoke the laptop has sort of given up.    IT is flickering so badly, I cannot use it.    I feel bereft.
I think there might be an email on there telling me the cable is not available.   Not sure now.  I paid by PayPal will I get my money back ?    MEanwhile, I have had to call the computer tutor again.   HE is coming this afternoon.   IF it's a bad thing, he can take it away and get it fixed.     NOt very happy using this iPad, the things are too small for my arthritic fingers.    😳    MRs Bouquet

Did you get this sorted?  Yes you should get your money back if the cable can't be supplied.  You could also look at getting a stylus for your iPad.  This sort of thing.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Micro-Fibre-Universal-Samsung-Blackberry-MOTOROLA/dp/B00HB7OUG0/ref=pd_sbs_107_img_1/261-9875298-5547964?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_i=B00HB7OUG0&pd_rd_r=29841ce6-b503-499a-ab69-cdda2d3cc60f&pd_rd_w=6ryYc&pd_rd_wg=CMpjE&pf_rd_p=e44592b5-e56d-44c2-a4f9-dbdc09b29395&pf_rd_r=TK0M8EZR3PAREN3JCCT3&psc=1&refRID=TK0M8EZR3PAREN3JCCT3

mrs bouquet

« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2020, 17:11 »
my computer man came last afternoon, and it is actually the screen, not bad for a 2 year old machine !!
He has taken it away, but warns that the cost may be prohibitive.    I do trust Les and no he won't try to cheat me.    Whilst here he has also got my emails working to my iPad, and I figured out how to reply to you folk.    I must admit, I don't really enjoy working on the iPad, but any port in a storm, as I am not going out.
So thanks to you all for your interest and advice.   Still haven,t heard a word about the lead, so I shall have to investigate a refund.    Stay safe,  Mrs Bouquet

xx
Making a list on my Laptop

Started by mrs bouquet on Chatting on the Plot

7 Replies
Last post January 09, 2021, 06:30
by Growster...

Page created in 0.164 seconds with 49 queries.