NO we do NOT WANT hens Hubby said....

• 25 Replies

compostqueen

« Reply #15 on: March 16, 2008, 21:39 »
:D  :lol:

My imaginery hens already have names - Billie, Peggy and Dinah  8)

chickchick

« Reply #16 on: March 16, 2008, 22:10 »
mine too, henrietta is my fav name, kids want tikka, kiev and jalfrezi!! defintely not :lol:  :lol:

chicken soup

• Experienced Member
« Reply #17 on: March 17, 2008, 08:40 »
Jellyhead seems like we have got our O/Hs sorted mine is exactly the same he just says ok dear and another animal joins our little family.  Even this weekend when my incubator is almost full to the top I said can I get more hatching eggs and he just said if you want.  :lol: I think he is well trained.  I didn't let on I was thinking of buying a second incubator.  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Must admit when I had problems with my neighbours and I dared to suggest that maybe we should sell our chickens he was the first to say we are not selling them in a very determined voice.  It was then I realised he loves them as much as me just its not the male thing to go all mushy with them when someone is watching is it?
40 hens, 8 cockerels, 3 dogs, 2 rabbits, 8 chinchillas, 2 teenage daughters and O/H

Jellyhead

« Reply #18 on: March 17, 2008, 09:11 »
Aaaah, I do appreciate my hubby you know as I am sure you do. I know a lot of people whose hubbies just say NO and its a done deal, to me thats not right but although I get away with a lot I don't take the p**s and thats what its all about really, in my very humble jellied opinion :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :roll:
Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most!!

milliebecks

• Experienced Member
« Reply #19 on: March 17, 2008, 10:09 »
I've read all this with interest as I have the opposite problem! I struggle to keep my OH from buying chooks everywhere he goes! We started with 4 hybrids about 5 years ago and now have 9, although the record was 14! We went out to 'restock' with 2 more layers a few weeks ago and came back with 4 :roll:
To be fair, I'd love more (and more and more ....) but we don't have the space :? Good job I have a practical side ...

mdueal

• Experienced Member
    • http://www.averysmallholding.co.uk/
« Reply #20 on: March 17, 2008, 12:32 »
We are both as bad as each other - david was the one who saw the sultans and basically said we werent leaving the farm until we had one of them too - and come to think of it the three lavender araucana chicks in our spare bedroom were his idea too.

But i think we are even after i phoned him and said 'david.... I might have got us a cat' what do you mean he said - my reply was 'as in it is in the living room so be careful when you come home that it doesnt escape'!!! He hates cats but i have found him talking to it and stroking it when he doesnt think im looking!

milliebecks

• Experienced Member
« Reply #21 on: March 17, 2008, 13:34 »
Quote from: "mdueal"
We are both as bad as each other - david was the one who saw the sultans and basically said we werent leaving the farm until we had one of them too - and come to think of it the three lavender araucana chicks in our spare bedroom were his idea too.

But i think we are even after i phoned him and said 'david.... I might have got us a cat' what do you mean he said - my reply was 'as in it is in the living room so be careful when you come home that it doesnt escape'!!! He hates cats but i have found him talking to it and stroking it when he doesnt think im looking!

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:
Particularly love the idea of Araucanas in the spare bedroom!

mdueal

• Experienced Member
    • http://www.averysmallholding.co.uk/
« Reply #22 on: March 17, 2008, 13:53 »
Hahaha - had friends round for dinner the other day who we hadnt seen in about 6 months. Their eyes bulged when i referred to the spare room as the nursery thinking we had some big news to tell them. Then they saw it was called that as it is full of seedlings, chitting potatoes and three chicks!!

Viv

• Experienced Member
    • http://www.oldmotherhubbardsgarden.blogspot.com
« Reply #23 on: March 17, 2008, 13:56 »
Did they leave very quickly?
Happiest in the countryside.
Breathe deeply, and let the butterflies fly in formation!

beki

• Experienced Member
    • http://wholesomeliving.smfforfree4.com/index.php
« Reply #24 on: March 17, 2008, 15:01 »
Quote from: "Fat Hen"
Quote from: "compostqueen"
I keep gazing out the window at the blank bit of garden where I intend to let them run about, and imagining a picket fence with a picket gate which I've painted green, and it will look so beautiful planted with chives and calendula, and I shall walk out into the dewy morning with my wicker basket picking beautiful brown eggs for my waiting guests breakfast
:lol:

And when I get old I shall wear purple....... :lol:  :lol:

And wear a red hat which doesn't go...  :lol:

(love that poem  :wink:  )
Trying to live the good life.. getting there slooooowly...

tetley

• Experienced Member
« Reply #25 on: March 17, 2008, 15:08 »
My hubby was using delaying tactics, then friends of ours got some and gave us their cockerel, so he had to get on and fence off an area, and now I currently have 6 hens and a cockerel.  I mentioned to him that there is a poultry show not far from here in a couple of weeks, and he says he wants to go too  :shock:  he said it is to keep an eye on me, but I know we will come back with a few more hens  :wink:  
and he loves coming home from work and seeing the chooks in the garden, he throws in his left over applecore from his lunchbox ...aaaaaah  :lol:

xx
hubby says yay

Started by titch on The Hen House

8 Replies
Last post January 22, 2009, 22:56
by titch
xx
Which hens for our broody? Need good layers and hardy hens, - which to choose

Started by sarahkk on The Hen House

7 Replies
Last post February 18, 2011, 12:24
by sarahkk
xx
Introducing new hens to freerange hens

Started by Oliveview on The Hen House

5 Replies
Last post February 02, 2008, 18:50
by mdueal
xx
Introducing new hens to existing hens

Started by Elcie on The Hen House

10 Replies
Last post February 07, 2010, 14:52
by joyfull

Page created in 0.263 seconds with 36 queries.