Strawberry leaves problem

• 1 Replies

bendipa

Strawberry leaves problem
« on: April 29, 2011, 22:17 »
I've noticed that the new leaves on some of my plants are affected by what appears to be a rot, which starts from the edge of the leaves and works inwards killing the whole leaf eventually. I had this trouble last year which resulted in the death of nearly a third my plants. The affected plants so far have been growing strongly and produced plenty of flowers

The affected plants are all neighbouring ones in 2 troughs. I have other strawberry plants in another containers several feet away from the problem and so far they have not been affected I can't see anything on the web which closely resembles my symptoms, which seem to have suddenly shown up in the last 2 days. But there was one post I read where a grower believed symptoms similar to mine were caused by too much fertiliser used in early spring. My 2 affected trough plants were fed with rose fertiliser earlier on, but it could be a coincidence. I've decided to spray the affected plants with systemic fungicide while the problem is in its early stages. I'm not sure whether the problem is soil or airborne. The photos of the symptoms are  shown below.

Does anyone have any idea what the problem might be, please?

http://tinyurl.com/3jtkw9q

http://tinyurl.com/3nynq9l

Yorkie

• Global Moderator
Re: Strawberry leaves problem
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2011, 22:22 »
I'm not sure but welcome to the site  :D
I try to take one day at a time, but sometimes several days all attack me at once...

xx
Skeletonised strawberry leaves

Started by sunshineband on Grow Your Own

7 Replies
Last post November 22, 2018, 13:25
by sunshineband
xx
Strawberry leaves going brown

Started by sandygreen on Grow Your Own

3 Replies
Last post May 19, 2011, 05:44
by bendipa
xx
Yellowing Strawberry Leaves

Started by Mr B on Grow Your Own

0 Replies
Last post June 08, 2011, 14:14
by Mr B
xx
Strawberry leaves wilting

Started by bennyjamboy on Grow Your Own

3 Replies
Last post March 15, 2011, 19:53
by bennyjamboy

Page created in 0.419 seconds with 32 queries.