Polytunnel re-cover

• 2 Replies

Normz

Polytunnel re-cover
« on: January 07, 2024, 09:51 »
Hi All, I am new today to this forum.

I have a large allotment plot which I took on last March. I recovered the polytunnel in an attempt to make do for last year.

As I am really new to this it didn’t last very well.. it has been absolutely battered by the wind and has now split and also just weathered away.. I have tried to patch it up with tape but when it rains that falls off.

I’m having a nightmare. I hope to use the polytunel soon to begin my seeds and prep work.

How would you all suggest to recover. Do anyone use companies (I tried to google polytunnel companies to come out and do it but I’m finding nothing)

Any help or advise please!!!!!

snowdrops

Re: Polytunnel re-cover
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2024, 11:28 »
You need a poly tunnel cover specifically for that purpose. Take a look at First Tunnels, you can buy replacement covers & there’s a size thingy to work out what size you need by entering the height,length & width of your tunnel. But I will say if it is a flimsy frame you might always struggle with it as poly tunnels do take a bit of battering & it is the size of the tubing & thickness of the walls of the tubing and also how tight the cover is put on that give it its strength. They also have excellent YouTube videos on all aspects of building a tunnel that would be good for you to watch. Good luck & let us know how you get on. Plus welcome to the site & we love photos  :lol:
A woman's place is in her garden.

See my diary pages here
and add a comment here

Plot 1 Problems

• Global Moderator
Re: Polytunnel re-cover
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2024, 11:36 »
Hi Normz, welcome to the forum.
I've built and re-covered a number of polytunnels over the years, including one at the school I work at last year. I'd also reccomend First Tunnels https://www.firsttunnels.co.uk/
The quality of their covers are excellent and decently priced.
What might help is if you could post a photo of your polytunnel frame, we could maybe advise on the best way to approach re-skinning it, or any changes to the frame you might need to put in place to make it sturdier.

xx
Polytunnel cover

Started by marcofez on Design and Construction

3 Replies
Last post December 13, 2011, 21:36
by marcofez
xx
Polytunnel cover issue

Started by brownp on Design and Construction

8 Replies
Last post April 30, 2018, 22:14
by Plot 1 Problems
xx
Old greenhouse frame with polytunnel cover

Started by mumofstig on Design and Construction

2 Replies
Last post November 18, 2018, 17:58
by sunshineband
xx
The "Correct" way to cover a polytunnel??

Started by infowarrior on Design and Construction

9 Replies
Last post April 07, 2011, 07:27
by arugula

Page created in 0.165 seconds with 42 queries.