I need a big hug.....

• 14 Replies

mrs bouquet

I need a big hug.....
« on: February 12, 2019, 15:23 »
2 bereavements in one weekend - its too much.    Daughter-in-laws, brother age 49, leaves a 41 year old widow, a son he adopted when young and a 10 month old baby.   He and his wife got married two weeks ago in the hospice.
My Darling little dog 'Grumpy'    She doesn't belong to me, but comes to stay with us very often.  She was always known as OH's doggie, because she lived where OH was Estate Manager.    She went everywhere with him.   She was diagnosed with Cancer about 8 months ago.   But very good until last week.
These deaths both relate very much to my Darling OH, and drags up memories that my survival instincts have pushed to the back.
And, how can I tell people I am saying prayers for them.   Mrs Bouquet
Birds in cages do not sing  -  They are crying.

madcat

Re: I need a big hug.....
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2019, 15:28 »
Big ------------------------------Hug

It's hard to keep on picking yourself up ... thinking of you.  Another hug..
All we need to make us really happy is something to be enthusiastic about (Charles Kingsley)

mumofstig

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2019, 15:56 »
Just for you!
hug.jpg

Goosegirl

« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2019, 16:12 »
Mrs B, will pm you.
I work very hard so don't expect me to think as well.

snowdrops

« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2019, 16:51 »
Oh Mrs B, my sympathies go out to you, what a difficult weekend for you & bringing back memories of your OH makes it all the more sad. Well done for recognising those memories that you have buried deep down, that’s one step to feeling a little bit better hugs for you
A woman's place is in her garden.

See my diary pages here
and add a comment here

rowlandwells

« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2019, 17:09 »
what can one say at a time like this I'm sure we all feel for all the families concerned please accept our sincere condolences from my wife and me

its so sad to read about these things  :(

Missey

« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2019, 17:17 »
Thinking of you Mrs B.  It's awful to read such sad news

Missey

Elaine G

« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2019, 23:11 »
Big hugs from me too Mrs B.

Elaine
The foolish man seeks happiness in the distance, the wise grows it under his feet - James Oppenheim

wighty

« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2019, 17:53 »
My sincerest condolences too.  It's very hard when a sequence of events happen.  Our dog died two weeks after my father and that really tipped me over the edge (22 years ago now).  I know how I felt then so I can sympathise with how you are feeling now.  With much love and thoughts.

Yorkie

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2019, 21:26 »
Massive hugs to you Mrs B  :(

Look after yourself and if you don't feel able to say that you're praying for people at the moment, that's absolutely OK.  Don't feel guilty about it - you could perhaps always say you're thinking of people at the moment instead. People won't notice the difference and if it helps you through things then that's the most important thing.
I try to take one day at a time, but sometimes several days all attack me at once...

Debz

« Reply #10 on: February 14, 2019, 12:02 »
Thoughts and prayers for you and your family as you navigate the days ahead.

snow white

« Reply #11 on: February 16, 2019, 11:20 »
You need a good sad film to watch and have a really good cry.  It is ok to feel despondent after deaths of loved ones or close friends.  I am still upset after losing my dog a year ago, followed six months later by a good friend and then an uncle a month ago.  It gives you a different perspective and can make you feel very morose.  Then you watch a funny lighthearted, good ending type of film to bring your spirits up again, to realise that life goes on regardless.  Keep these loved ones in your heart.  Even if it occasionally makes you upset, if that friendship was worthwhile, it is worth grieving over. 

Also, you don't need to tell anyone that you are praying for them.  Don't let it stop you praying for them though.  You just need to let them know that you are there for them.. 

Virtual ((((HUGS))))

Aunt Sally

• Administrator
  • Everyone's Aunty
« Reply #12 on: February 16, 2019, 13:33 »
BIG HUG  for you Mrs B.

Life is very harsh sometimes  :(

You may not know who we are or what we look like, but we are your friends and we care !

mrs bouquet

« Reply #13 on: February 16, 2019, 14:23 »
Thank you for all your lovely replies.  I have had a few good cries now.

Greig's infant son was 1 year old on 14th Feb.    I have suggest to Greig's sister, my daughter-in-law, that she could perhaps started a memory box, to give to the child when he becomes of an age to want to know and understand about his Dad.
Jillaine, thought it a brilliant idea.  I have suggest a lovely vintage box, filled with.  School and childhood photos, holidays. school reports, graduation certificates, any badges and certificates from when he was a promising young swimmer (at County level).  Snips of material from his favourite shirt and socks and a tie.
Jillaine is very artistic, so beautifully written anecdotes, about things he got up to  etc etc.    She will be able to involve Greig's Mum in helping her, and perhaps it will gradually help to ease pain.   Mrs Bouquet

Aunt Sally

• Administrator
  • Everyone's Aunty
« Reply #14 on: February 16, 2019, 16:16 »
A lovely idea, MrsB.  :D

Page created in 0.198 seconds with 56 queries.